[artinfo] Call for films for EMERGEANDSEE 2009

EMERGEANDSEE listserver at emergeandsee.org
Fri Jul 18 19:58:25 CEST 2008

///////////////////////////////////////
// Short films wanted for:
// 1) EMERGEANDSEE Main Competition
// 2) EMERGEANDSEE "East-West" Special
// 3) Partner festival "Localize!"
///////////////////////////////////////
// <http://submit.emergeandsee.org/> //

Dear friends of EMERGEANDSEE!

After a successful 2008 season with 30 marvellous
short films and countless lovely international
guests at our event, it is time to prepare for
EMERGEANDSEE 2009.

The festival will take place in February 2009, at
our traditional home, the Berlin cinema
Babylon:Mitte. We will again show the most
thrilling short film art by filmmakers from all
over the world. This year, we have established a
new highlight: The "East-West" Special
Competition, for films centered around this
topic. And, of course, we still have our open
Main Competition.

If you are a filmmaker: we would love to see your
work submitted in one of these two festival
categories. If you know filmmakers: tell them
about us, so they can take their chances! As a
third opportunity to  present your film to an
interested audience, we're featuring the call
for entries of our young partner festival
"Localize!"

The details:
1) The EMERGEANDSEE Main Competition:
Maximum film duration: 10min. For student filmmakers.
We're looking for innovative and clever young
short films. Be they filmed, computer animated,
hand drawn or whatever. Over the years
EMERGEANDSEE has gained a reputation of showing
the most interesting new ideas from design and
film schools all over the world to an open-minded
crowd at the cinema. Give your film the audience
it deserves and submit it on
<http://submit.emergeandsee.org/>

2) The EMERGEANDSEE "East-West" Special Competition
Maximum film duration: 20min. For all young
filmmakers (30 or younger, that is.)
In our world today the axis East-West gains new
importance, but has numerous meanings. What this
might mean is totally up to you. It might be the
gap between Eastern and Western Germany, or in
Europe, the two poles Eastern and Western states,
the USA and the Arabic world..it is your idea and
your point of view that matters. Tell us your
story, get your opinion across to the
EMERGEANDSEE visitors. We're awaiting your film
on <http://submit.emergeandsee.org/>.

3) Localize!
This young festival will take place in October
2008 for the first time. Their aim is to explore
the topic of "home" in a short film competition.
We thought this to be a rather good completion of
EMERGEANDSEE and encourage all filmmakers to
submit their work. Here's the call for entries:

Localize – The festival of home Potsdam, 22 – 24
October 2008 Closing date: 31 August 2008
“YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR HOME OR DON’T HAVE ANY BUT
NO MATTER WHERE, YOU  ALWAYS HAVE TO LIVE
SOMEWHERE.” Vilém Flusser
ANNOUNCEMENT In the course of Localize- The
festival of home we will set in an  expedition
into the staircase by next autumn! We call on
professional  and amateurish filmmakers, artists,
students and interested people to  join in and
give us an exceptional insight into the ordinary
features of  their lives! Like cinematically
realized observations of everyday life  in the
proximate social environment, for example. We are
looking for shortfilms which refocus on the
apparent  implicitnesses of everyday life: Where
is my home? How does it look like  there, in my
flat, around the corner, in the environment
close-by or far  away? Which problems, which
moments of happiness are there? Is home the
place where I am born or is it the one which I
have chosen by myself? Is  home a place at all or
is it the people with whom I feel at home? Is it
possible to link the terms “everyday life” and
“living space” with the  term “home”? What does
home mean in times of globalisation? No matter i
  f your film is going to be highly professional
or amateurish,  animated, documentary or
fictional, we are interested in your individual
view on your individual environment!
Closing date for sending in the films for the
competition is 31 August,  2008. The films should
not exceed 30 minutes in length. The chosen films
for the festival will be shown from 22 – 24
October, 2008 in the Potsdam  film museum. There
will be a jury awarding the best films and prizes
awarded worth up to *1000. You will find the set
form for participation  as well as further
information on www.heimatfestival.de
FESTIVAL Localize! – the festival of home is
realised by students of the courses  European
Media Studies and Cultural Studies of the
University of Potsdam  with the collaboration of
the Potsdam film museum.
We are looking forward to your contributions!
Your Localize – Team www.heimatfestival.de

--

To update your preferences visit
http://emergeandsee.org/listserver/?p=preferences&uid=c34825d9e4cd87253f70ed9f67c58727