[artinfo] Open Call Subversive Fair

office at social-impact.at office at social-impact.at
Wed Jul 2 17:56:18 CEST 2008

-----------------------------------
Open Call Subversive Fair 2009
-----------------------------------

Which inventions make resistance easier? Which ideas undermine the
system? Where are revolutionary forces lurking? What can we do to
successfully dissolve hegemonies?

As the first trade fair for counter culture and resistance technology
the Subversive Fair presents recent works which constructively
undermine hegemonic power structures, and appropriate the production
of public space. Subversive highlights from the realms of (political)
interventions, (anti)fashion, (an)architecture, performance, artistic
provocation, (satiric) art, hacktivism and actions will be presented.
The artists will be present and visitors can participate in DIY-
workshops, action tours, lectures, product presentations, and film
screenings. This enables a direct transfer of knowledge and know-how
and pushes the idea of an international, long-term conspiratorial
network. The duration (four days), structure, organisation, ambience
and setting of the Subversive Fair is modelled on conventional fairs.

The Subversive Fair looks for tools and subversive everyday practices
that are produced by an engagement with boarders, migration and
exclusion, surveillance, censorship, exclusion from education and
health systems, racism, anti-Semitism, sexism, gender issues,
homophobia, etc.

With our call for applications we specifically address people from
the realms of:
Activism/Politix, Performance/Show, Invisible Theatre, Machine/Mixed
Media Installation, Research/Development, Graphic Arts/Sculpturing,
Social Strategy, Hacktivism, Industrial Design/Fashion, Artivism.

Applications can be made by single persons as well as collectives; It
is possible to submit anonymous (under pseudonym).

Submit your work under www.subversivmesse.net
Deadline: 22th of July 2008.

--
Harald Schmutzhard, MMag.art.
Verein Social Impact - Kunst & Aktionsforschung

Mob: ++43 (0) 650 - 371 80 80
Tel: ++43 (0) 732 - 77 31 42 - 23
Fax: ++43 (0) 732 - 77 31 42 - 35
hs at social-impact.at