[artinfo] Virtual Chef - Birthday @ Caravansarai - Istanbul

Julie Upmeyer caravansarai.info at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:22:35 CEST 2008

Caravansarai News:

Caravansarai is One Year old! To celebrate, the Virtual Chef Project
explores birthday traditions and cake recipes from around the world.
In Istanbul, Julie Upmeyer finds the ingredients for the meal and
several birthday cakes, planned by Sarah Graddy in Gainesville, USA.
On the night of the dinner, we receive real-time instructions on how
to cook our meal in the Caravansarai kitchen. The entire process was
viewable in real time on CITV, now viewable as an archived episode.
The Virtual Chef: exploring, through food, the international and
diverse aspects of Istanbul. It is a participatory cooking event in
which a chef in another country instructs us how to make a meal here
in Istanbul. www.caravansarai.info

 > The video archive of Virtual Chef - Birthday is now online!
(thanks to Sarp Karaer for editing)
	See what happened:   http://blip.tv/file/1159161

There is lots in store for the future....stay tuned!

Caravansarai
meeting point and project space in Istanbul
www.caravansarai.info
caravansarai.info at gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5295768215
Rhiz.eu: http://www.rhiz.eu/institution-2910-en.html

About Caravansarai:

Caravansarai is an interactive space and meeting point for creative
ideas and energies. We organise events, projects, workshops,
collaborations and feasts, producing programing for the internet-
based TV station 'Caravansarai Istanbul TV'  - CITV . Caravansarai is
open to individuals and projects, local, virtual and international
collaborations.