[artinfo] Call for submissions: Media Arts for the ICA Web Site

Adele Eisenstein adele at c3.hu
Wed Sep 19 18:49:34 CEST 2007

The ICA is launching a call for submissions of web-based Media artworks to
be shown on the ICA website: submissions are currently open until 24 Oct.

To complement our existing Live and Media Arts programme, we are looking for
work that is innovative, either in technique or ideas. The work we are looking
for doesn't necessarily have to be 'interactive', but it must be work that
engages with the user.

Submissions are open to anyone who wants to show a piece of web-based work
that they are proud of or that exemplifies their skills as an artist. It
should be a relatively recent or new piece of work that hasn't yet been
launched or shown on an institutional or gallery website.

How to submit work

1. You can submit a specific work either as an attachment (less than 2MB) or
as a URL where the work can be seen, to:

mailto:mediaarts.submissions at ica.org.uk

2. Alternatively, you can submit a specific work on a CD-ROM or DVD, by post
to:

Emma Quinn
Media Arts website submissions
Institute of Contemporary Arts
The Mall
London SW1Y 5AH

3. With your submission you should include:

* A description of the work - no more than one sheet of A4 including
information about programming language(s) and software used.
* Your CV(s)
* Technical requirements for hosting (if there are any)

4. NOTE - a specific work should be submitted. Selections will not be made
from a portfolio.

5. The work should be created specifically for the web. (For example, we
will not be accepting digital photographs of paintings.)

Selection of work

Each submission period will be announced on the ICA web site and will be on
an approximately monthly basis.

A selection will be made from each submission period, and a work will be
selected for inclusion on the ICA web site.

With the selected work, we will also include information about the work,
information about the artist including web links.

We will promote the work through the website and our mailing lists.

The works will remain the property of the artist, but will be hosted by the
ICA.
The ICA will retain an indefinite non-exclusive license to make the work
available through its website, and retain an archive of all chosen
submissions.

All artists that haven't been selected will be informed, but we may not be
able to give detailed or lengthy feedback on the works themselves.

Please note that there is no fee for the work that is accepted for inclusion
on the web site.

Current call for submissions

The first call for submissions is for work to be launched on the ICA website
from November. Submissions will be accepted until Wednesday 24 October.

Further information, please contact: mailto:mediaarts.submissions at ica.org.uk