[artinfo] Oberhausen introduces new entry requirements

Adele Eisenstein adele at c3.hu
Mon Oct 15 12:16:57 CEST 2007

From: "Sabine Niewalda" <niewalda at kurzfilmtage.de>
Subject: Oberhausen introduces new entry requirements
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:25:18 +0200

We apologize if, owing to the introduction of a new software, you have already
received this mail.

54th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen, 1-6 May 2008

Oberhausen introduces new entry requirements

The International Short Film Festival Oberhausen has changed entry
requirements for the competitions of its 54th edition, which will take place
from 1 to 6 May 2008. The festival is now calling for entries.

There are now two separate entry deadlines for international and German
productions: international submissions must have reached Oberhausen by 1
February 2008, German productions by 15 February 2008. There will be no more
extensions!

In addition, preview copies will be accepted on DVD only (with the exception
of works submitted via www.reelport.com). DVD will, however, no longer be
accepted as a screening format.

"Our goal is to enable us to better cope with the enormous number of
submissions we get - in 2007, almost 6,500 works were sent to Oberhausen.
We're very happy to see so many filmmakers wanting to compete in Oberhausen.
Our name stands for an openness towards all kinds of genres and forms which we
have no intention of giving up, so we didn't introduce any limitations in
genre or content. We're hoping that these organisational changes will help us
to continue to do justice to every submission we get in the future," says
festival director Lars Henrik Gass. "As for DVD, we tested this format in
screenings for three years, but even in the third year there were too many
cases when we were unable to achieve the high projection quality we try to
maintain and which is very important to us. So we decided to exclude DVD as a
screening format for now."

The International Short Film Festival Oberhausen organizes four competitions
in which a total of almost 40,000 euros prize money are awarded.

International Competition
- Entry deadline 1 February 2008 (date of receipt)
- Open to film and video formats, maximum 35 minutes in length
- Awards totalling 24,000 euros

German Competition
- Entry deadline 15 February 2008 (date of receipt)
- Open to film and video formats, maximum 45 minutes in length
- Awards totalling 7,500 euros

Children's and Youth Film Competition
- All entries to the International and German Competitions that are
appropriate for this competition will be previewed.
- For entry requirements, see Paragraph 5 of the Regulations
- Awards totalling 2,000 euros, conferred by two juries of children and young
people

MuVi Award for the best German music video
- has its own set of regulations and entry form
- Awards totalling 5,000 euros

Entry forms and regulations can be downloaded now at www.kurzfilmtage.de or
are available on request from the festival office: info at kurzfilmtage.de.

Oberhausen, 12 October 2007

Press photos
The key visual of the 54th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen is
available for download in high resolution at www.kurzfilmtage.de or on request
from the press office.

Press contact: Sabine Niewalda, Fon +49 (0)208 825-3073, niewalda at kurzfilmtage.de

Sabine Niewalda
Press Office

Internationale Kurzfilmtage Oberhausen gGmbH
International Short Film Festival Oberhausen

Grillostr. 34
46045 Oberhausen
Germany

Fon +49 (0)208 825-3073
Fax +49 (0)208 825-5413
niewalda at kurzfilmtage.de

54th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen: 1 - 6 May 2008

www.kurzfilmtage.de