[artinfo] aether architecture newsletter

Adam Somlai-Fischer adam at aether.hu
Tue Nov 13 07:54:27 CET 2007

LECTURE AT THE BARTLETT - UCL THIS WEDNESDAY EVENING
November 14 2007 18:30

I will hold a lecture this Wednesday about aether
in London, for the Bartlett School of Architecture's
International Lecture Series. If you are in town,
I would be happy to see you here:

Darwin Lecture Theatre, UCL, Gower Street London WC1
The lecture is free and open to the public
http://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/architecture/events/lectures/lectures.htm

REORIENT EXHIBITION IN PARIS: THE GRAND BALDACHIN
Opening: November 20 19:00 - 21:00
at the Institut Hongrois de Paris,
92 rue Bonaparte, F-75006 Paris

We are extremely excited; the reorient
team is visiting Paris to set up the installation
again for the first time after the Venice Biennale
show last year. We also developed some new parts,
and will create some on-site improvisations.

The exhibition is open until the end of January.
http://www.reorient.hu

WWW.AETHER.HU NEW WEBSITE
www.aether.hu
After 5 years aether.hu gets a new design,
structure, content, all to reflect what
we do today. Some previously unpublished
projects are also presented, as well as
some texts about our methodologies.

Some older projects are still not republished,
but we'll do that soon, and will also keep the
old site operational.

KITCHEN BUDAPEST PROJECTS
I am working as the program director,
sort of a research initiator at Kitchen Budapest,
a new media lab opened in June.

Researches working in teams already produced
a large number of great projects, we have printed
a catalogue which can be downloaded from here:
http://www.kitchenbudapest.hu/hu/2007summerpdf
and is also available upon request in printed form.
http://www.kitchenbudapest.hu/en/projects
presents a more up to date status.

we also have residency openings for next year,
so if you are interested, please let me know!

PROJECTS ON DISPLAY
We have Brainmirror and Wifi Camera on display in Monterrey, Mexico,
at Planetario Alfa for the Forum of Cultures program.
Reconfigurable House is still running at NTT/ICC Tokyo until the end of
April.

PUBLICATIONS
current issue of the Spanish magazine aminima deals with architecture
related issues, and we have an article about Aleph as well as a short
text talking about our working methodologies.

COMING UP
Wifi Camera got accepted for the China International New Media Arts
Exhibition 2008,
presented by the National Art Museum of China in Beijing.
Some of you have seen the zooming - fractal based presentations I have been
giving,
now joined up with Kitchen Budapest and Peter Halacsy computer scientist,
we are developing an online tool which anyone could use to create, edit,
show and share such presentations. Stay tuned, more information coming soon.