[artinfo] Day Night Day Night

Acconci Studio studio at acconci.com
Fri May 11 08:51:59 CEST 2007

There's a movie in New York now that has to be seen: Julia Loktev's
DAY NIGHT DAY NIGHT.  Julia's a close friend of mine, but that's not
why I'm recommending her movie; I'm recommending -- more than that,
urging -- it simply because I can't get the movie out of my head.
Think of Battle Of Algiers seen and heard by Bresson; think of
walking down a New York City street next to nothing but a face; think
of time as the ticking of a clock mixed with the ticking of a
time-bomb.  But, when you see this movie, you'll think of only its
world and its protagonist.  At a time when so-called 'independent
film' has been reduced to domestic dramas meant for resolution and
redemption, this movie brings independent film back to hard cold
facts; it leaves spectators on their own in the swarming solitude of
a movie theater. I hope you will see it.

Vito Acconci

Other people think as I do about this movie; please see Hoberman's
review in this week's Voice:
<http://www.villagevoice.com/film/0719,hoberman,76577,20.html>http://www.villagevoice.com/film/0719,hoberman,76577,20.html

DAY NIGHT DAY NIGHT is at IFC Center; show times are below - and, in
the meantime, please watch the trailer.
<http://www.ifccenter.com/film?filmid=57771>http://www.ifccenter.com/film?filmid=57771