[artinfo] Call for DOCONLINE.3 / IDFA

nathalie faber NAF at chello.nl
Sun Oct 15 22:17:33 CEST 2006

IDFA / CUT-n-PASTE organise DOCS ONLINE programme

In 2000 the International Documentary Festival Amsterdam (IDFA)
started a special programme focussing on new practices and changes
within the medialandscape according to documentary filmmakers and
their audiences.
  After 5 years the festival will reanimate this 'DOCS ONLINE'
programme and give a platform for the actual 'state of the art' in
this area.

What can we say after five years?

Interaction designers and filmmakers DO work together.

Audiences ARE multichannel users to get their information and entertainment.

The development of new media platforms and the growth of devices to
be used by a big audience ask for other approaches from the
documentary field. While the devices become cheaper and lighter new
ideas can lead to other ways of storytelling.

At the coming festival from 23 November - 03 December 2006 DOCSONLINE
will focus on this theme by inviting some (film)makers, artists and
documentary storytellers, who are inspired by the new means and ways
and work in different ways. Authors who use other channels and
platforms to tell their stories and who interact with their audiences
in different ways.

IDFA makes an appeal to filmmakers and artists to present their work
within DOCSONLINE.  We, the editors (Cut-n-Paste) are urgently
looking for interesting documentary projects.

DOCSONLINE will focus on the actual 'state of the art' therefore we
are NOT looking for ideas to exchange material or collabarate in
research and financing, but we ARE interested in strong content in a
strong concept, which looks attractive and communicates in a logical,
effective way.

There MUST be a project we haven't heard about in the documentary
practice which you might have seen which we want to present to a
bigger audience.

So, TELL us soon!

SEND your information to Cut-n-Paste: info at cut-n-paste.nl or Adriek
van Nieuwenhuyzen (IDFA): adriek at idfa.nl

Research and editors: Carolien Euser and Nathalie Faber (CUT-n-PASTE),