[artinfo] OUT OF CONTROL - Seville - Spain - Call for works

pedro ZEMOS98.org pedro at zemos98.org
Sun Oct 8 23:02:37 CEST 2006

  ANNOUNCEMENT CONDITIONS OF THE PHOTOGRAPIC IMAGE - "OUT OF CONTROL"
http://www.adf-photo.org/special.php

AIM OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT

-  ADF-PHOTO.ORG and ZEMOS98 launch the
announcement for the Image of the ninth edition
of the Festival Audiovisual ZEMOS98.

TARGET GROUP

-  Visual designers (individually or collectively).

FEE

-  An only prize of 600€ will be given as
“payment for the work and authorship” to the individual or collective creator..

SPREADING

-  The work will be on display in the
ADF-PHOTO.ORG Gallery and will be sent to
different e-mails related to the photographic image.

-  The winning work and author will also be
spread in the media edited by the ninth edition
of the Festival ZEMOS98, such as brochures, web
page, posters, ads, spots and the PACK ZEMOS98 (book, catalogue and DVD).

-  For those non-winning works, ZEMOS98 reserves
the right to make an online display which will be
developed on ZEMOS98.org and ADF-PHOTO.org.

TOPIC

-The topic of the competition is “Out of Control”

The searching process started by the ZEMOS98
group does not forget the lines already seen in
past editions about “Creation and collective
intelligence” and “Beyond TV”; moreover, these
subjects are streams of the same river, that of the critic reflection on Media.

The ZEMOS98 Festival has drawn a new line of
investigation in its particular work of cultural
management. We live in the society of media sham;
reality has been downgraded to channel-hopping or
oversized consumption of images. No more do we
live surrounded by images, but they live inside us.

We want to reveal the myth, to unmask the rite,
to demystify the media, to move the spectacular
upside down with the strategies of critic
thought, dropping equalization and celebrating
the collective right to be out of control. It
does not have to do with the old debate between
philo and technophobe: we just want to turn off in order to have more light.

Is it possible a cultural critique of the
controlled society? Avoiding to fall into
aesthetic virtuosity, we think that we have
something to tell from the audiovisual side.
ZEMOS98 ninth edition will try to understand and
propose that there is a possibility of being out
of control, that we are able to cover security
cameras with graffiti and to send e-mails about “poetry of the out-of-control”.

CONDITIONS AND TIME LIMIT

-  Authors will send to novena at zemos98.org their
visual proposal based on a minimum of 3 and a
maximum of 10 images, JPG quality (not heavier
than 5 megabytes altogether) until October 30th.
If wished, they can also send a justifying text
of not more than 10 paragraphs (arial 12).

-  Once the prize has been given, the author will
have to develop his/her proposal, work and reach
an agreement with ZEMOS98 on the final work,
being part of or a evolution from the initial proposal.

DISTRIBUTION AND REPRODUCTION CONDITIONS

-  The creator will allow ZEMOS98 to use the work
as advertising medium, so that they can create
works derived from the original one (images
including logos and other design items).

-  The author will sign a Distribution contract,
based on the Creative Commons licence
(Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 Spain) which
allows ZEMOS98 to use the work in a
non-commercial way as long as they name the author.

ACCEPTANCE OF CONDITIONS

-  By taking part in the competition, authors
thus fully and unconditionally accept the present rules.

http://www.adf-photo.org/special.php