[artinfo] Electrohype 2006

amanda mcdonald crowley amc at autonomous.org
Tue May 30 13:03:24 CEST 2006

Call for entries. Electrohype 2006 - the fourth
Nordic biennial for computer based art
Deadline July 3rd 2006 - material via ordinary
mail should be postmarked by this date.
Electrohype is pleased to announce this call for
entries for the exhibition that will be a follow
up to the previous large Electrohype exhibitions in 2000, 2002 and 2004.
The exhibition will take place in Lunds Konsthall
from December 9th to January 7th.
This year the exhibition will be in both a new
venue and a new city. Lunds Konsthall is located
in the central part of Lund, in the south of
Sweden. Lund is approximately 20 km north of
Malmo where previous Electrohype exhibitions has been presented.
Lunds Konsthall, built in 1957, is a beautiful
exhibition spaces in late functionalist
architecture style. The exhibition space has a
flexible semi-open layout with a total exhibition
surface of approximately 600 - 800 square meters.
The annual number of visitors in Lunds Konsthall is 95 000.
The exhibition will present works by 8 - 10
artists or artist groups. The concept of the
Electrohype biennial is that it shall be a Nordic
exhibition but this does not exclude works by
artists from outside the Nordic region. To give
the exhibition a broad perspective we are usually
working with a 50/50model, 50 percent from the
Nordic region and 50 percent from the rest of the world.
Since the decision to realize the exhibition was
made just recently we have not yet decided on a
theme or topic for this exhibition. This also explains the short deadline.
In addition to the main exhibition there will
also be an exhibition with the topic "electronic
art in public space" at the Museum of Sketches in
Lund, a museum dedicated to public art. Most of
the artworks in the museum are in the form of
models, visualizations and sketches. This
exhibition will be presented during the same
period as the main exhibition. This call, and the
application form, does not include this
exhibition, however if you have knowledge of, or
have realized a project you think we should know
of feel free to send us a short description
(maximum 1/2 page) and link to a project page.
Please write "public" in the subject line.
Important dates Deadline for this call for
entries July 3rd 2006Exhibition opening December
9th 2006 Exhibition closing January 7th 2007
Please feel free to re-distribute this call.
What kind of art are we looking for? Electrohype
has since the start in 1999 focused on what we
choose to call computer based art. Art that runs
of computers and utilizes the capacity of the
computer to mix various media, allow interaction
with the audience, or machines interacting with
each others etc. in other words art that can not
be transferred to "traditional" linear media.
This might seem as a narrow approach but we have
discovered that it gives us a better focus on a genre that in no way is narrow.
We are not looking for "straight" video art (even
if it is edited on a computer) or still images
rendered on computers and other material that
refers to more "traditional" media forms. Forms
were the traditional tools have been replaced with computers and software.

Practical An online application form and a PDF
form can be found on this address: www.electrohype.org/2006
NOTE: Please do NOT send documentation material
as attachments to e-mail and do NOT send 8 pages
CVs. Put your material online and send us the url
or ftp address or send us a CD in the mail.
Please read the form and follow the guidelines.
We receive a large amount of proposals and all of
them are reviewed closely. To be able to do this
we ask you to follow the structure in the
application form and the topics mentioned above.

Financial We are still working on the fundraising
for the exhibition. We will hopefully have final
numbers sometime during this summer. We will have
to adjust the final selection of works for
exhibition according to the financial situation.
This is unfortunate but it is also necessary, art
is beautiful but financial reality is harsh.
We will encourage everyone submitting material to
look for possibilities for local funding to help
cover costs for transport, travel and rent of technical equipment.
In previous exhibitions we have managed to keep a
high level both in artistic content and
exhibition design, even on a modest budget. It is
therefore very important for us to avoid
unpleasant surprises, so please keep this in mind
when filling out the various posts in the form,
especially when it comes to technical requirements, transport weight etc.
We are looking forward to see new and interesting works of art.
Best regards from the Electrohype team
Anna Kindvall and Lars Gustav Midboe

For additional info please visit our web site
at:<http://www.electrohype.org/2006>http://www.electrohype.org/2006

ELECTROHYPEDrottninggatan 6A212 11 MalmöSWEDEN
+46 40 18 26 90
<http://www.electrohype.org/>http://www.electrohype.org