[artinfo] Call for Artist Commissions at St Clements Hospital

Carlo Cenciarelli newmediamarketing at spacestudios.org.uk
Sun May 14 13:22:00 CEST 2006

Call for Artist Commissions at St Clements Hospital

SPACE Media Arts and Core Arts are developing a 6 month Media Arts / Moving
Image project in collaboration with a user led artists group based on Pinhey
ward at St Clements Psychiatric Hospital in East London. We want to
commission 3 artists to co-author 3 different pieces of work with group
members. Each project will be mentored by an artist from Core Arts.  The
project will focus on user experiences of the psychiatric system in the UK
in 06.
Projects will run consecutively over a 6 month period starting from July 06.
We expect projects will be shown at an event organised at St Clements
Hospital and at the SPACE gallery.

If you are interested in this project please submit your CV, a letter
outlining why you would like to take part in this project and supporting
material to gini at spacestudios.org.uk by June 5th 06 or by post to Gini
Simpson SPACE Media Arts 129 - 131 Mare Street, London E8 3RH

Please contact gini at spacestudios.org.uk for further information.

www.spacemedia.org.uk
www.corearts.co.uk