[artinfo] Cybersonica (past contributors) - Call for Existing Works/Get Involved - March 2006]

Adele Eisenstein adele at c3.hu
Mon Mar 6 14:21:59 CET 2006

As a past contributor to Cybersonica we're sending you on details of
the Cybersonica 06 Call for Existing Works and a request to get
involved in the festival. We'd really appreciate if you could help
spread the word and pass this call onto your friends, colleagues and networks.

Apologies for duplicate mailings>>
Please forward >>

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CYBERSONICA 06
19-20TH MAY 2006, CYBERSONICA FESTIVAL @ THE SCIENCE MUSEUM'S DANA
CENTRE, LONDON, UK
4-20TH MAY 2006, CYBERSONICA SONIC ARTS EXHIBITION @ PHONICA RECORDS,
LONDON, UK
11-13TH MAY 2006, CYBERSONICA SAMPLER @ ENCOMPASS, LONDON, UK
24-26TH MAY 2006, CYBERSONICA SAMPLER @ B.TWEEN, BRADFORD, UK

CYBERSONICA EXPLORES AND CELEBRATES SONIC AND VISUAL INNOVATION.
FRESH AND EXPERIMENTAL, IT'S A SNAPSHOT OF THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN
ELECTRONIC MUSIC, SONIC ARTS AND AUDIOVISUAL FUSION.

CALL FOR EXISTING WORKS

Cybersonica is London's annual festival of music, sound, art and
technology. Now in its fifth year, it's a leading international event
for anyone interested in the theory and practice of how new
technologies are shaping and changing the way musicians, DJs, VJs,
digital artists, audiovisualisers and creative software developers
make and present their work. The festival brings together a vibrant
community of sonic and audiovisual innovation, nurtures new talent
and showcases the freshest and latest work in the field. Cybersonica
is organised by Cybersalon, currently artists in residence at the
Science Museum's Dana Centre.

SONIC ARTS EXHIBITION

As part of Cybersonica 06, there will be a two-week exhibition of
sonic artworks. These works will explore new forms of interactivity,
moving away from the keyboard and screen and into the physical realm.

We are now accepting submissions of existing sonic art works from
artists wishing to exhibit and present at this year's festival.

These works may be interactive installations, new electronic musical
devices, physical audiovisualisers, tangible interfaces, modified
game engines (for example).

Works should be playful, engaging and must use non-mouse/keyboard interaction.

Deadline: Friday, 31st March 2006.

Notification: Monday, 10th April 2006.

Details, entry forms and terms: available via
[<http://www.cybersoncia.org>www.cybersoncia.org]

DESIGN A CYBERSONICA EFLYER

In the spirit of bootleg culture Cybersonic 06 is looking for
designers and Flash animators to 'remix' their own version of our eflyer.

GET INVOLVED IN THE FESTIVAL

As Cybersonica 06 approaches we're looking for people to get involved
with the festival - to help with promoting, running, documenting and
archiving the event.

More details available at the Cybersonica 06 website.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo