[artinfo] Myndos International Art Workshops II

Istanbul Museum istanbulmuseum at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 21:54:43 CEST 2006

Myndos International Art Workshops II
August 2006, Gumusluk Akademy, Bodrum, Turkey.

Team:
Andy Deck (USA), Reuben De Lautour (New Zeland),
Catharina Mueller, Marcus Graf (Germany), Cham
Yin Kwan (China), Frederik de Wilde (Belgium),
Genco Gulan, Yesim Ozsoy, Yesim Agaoglu, Ipek
Inal, (Istanbul), Neriman Polat, Raci Kahvecigil,
Aliye Goknur Gurcan, Ekin Anil (Bodrum).

Concept:
"The Seventh of the Seven Wonders ": Two of the
Seven Wonders of the World are in Turkey and one
is in Bodrum; Mausoleum of King Maussollos. The
second of the Myndos International Art Workshop
series picks "one of the wonders of the world" as
its theme. In the workshops the artists and
participants will be producing art around the
theme and they are going to exhibit these art
works at public spaces. We are going to claim
back the sculptures of the Mausoleum from the
British Museum and relate archeology with contemporary art.

Participation:
We are looking for 21 more participants (groups),
10 with scholarship and 11 without. Collaboration proposals are also welcome.
Workshop participation costs 540 Euro monthly per
person. Scholarship includes only the tuition.
For application e-mail your CV and project:
<mailto:istanbulmuseum at yahoo.com>istanbulmuseum at yahoo.com
Deadline: July 31, 2006.

Workshops:
Contemporary Art, Electronic Music, Underwater
Archeology, Visual and Performing Arts, Video,
net-art, Land Art and Art History. The workshops
will be in English and Turkish.

Istanbul Contemporary Art Museum
| Gumusluk Academy | Transnational Temps.

We would like to thank Leonardo da Vinci
Programme for partial support. We do not intend
to be an alternative location for Manifesta 6.

For accommodation and directions call Academy: 0
90 252 3944301 Burak Ozdemir or email:
<http://info@gumuslukakademisi.org/>info at gumuslukakademisi.org/

iS.CaM, Istanbul Çagdas Sanat Müzesi/ Istanbul Contemporary Art Museum.
Buyuk Hendek Caddesi 37/2 Kuledibi Istanbul / Turkiye.
Tel: + 90(212) 243 9991 /+ 90(212) 211 6353
http://www.istanbulmuseum.org / http://www.webbiennial.org