[artinfo] FLAG METAMORPHOSES - Call for participation / submission

Myriam Thyes myriam at thyes.com
Tue Jan 10 17:15:05 CET 2006

FLAG METAMORPHOSES

http://www.thyes.com/flag-metamorphoses

Deadline: March 8, 2006, and ongoing

Continuously growing and animated by as many participating
artists from across the globe as possible, the flags of all nations
in the world are morphed into each other through flash animation.

Using digital media, we can make the symbols dance: Between each
two flags, scenes will appear that show an aspect of the relations
between the two countries. This is an exploration into the meaning
of imagery on flags, aiming to create interrelated associations
through questioning, reassessing, fluidizing and re-mixing of
diverse national iconography.

To find out how to participate with or without knowledge of
Flash, please visit: www.thyes.com/flag-metamorphoses

Next presentations in art contexts (DVD screenings):

AniMoweb, Flash animation festival, Modena, Italy,
Feb. 25, 2006, www.animoweb.it
www.animoweb.it/documenti/corti_2005dettaglio.asp?movie=17

F.I.L.E. International Electronic Language Festival,
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, March / April 2006
www.file.org.br

Independent Arts Festival, Sint-Niklaas, Belgium, April 2006
www.sztuka-fabryka.be/festival

Switzerland: On large LED video displays in four Main Stations
in Zurich, Bern, Basel and Geneva. 2006, dates and cooperating
art institution not yet fixed.

Myriam Thyes
Himmelgeister Str. 107 F
40225 D¸sseldorf