[artinfo] Call for Participation: ICMC 2006 in New Orleans (extended deadlines)

park park at tulane.edu
Tue Feb 28 18:23:01 CET 2006

Please pardon cross postings and feel free to distribute this
announcement.

ICMC 2006: Extended Deadlines
Y'all are invited to submit your best, finest, or even craziest works
to the 2006 International Computer Music Conference to be held in New
Orleans, Louisiana, USA from November 6 - 11, 2006.  To
facilitate  the submission of your works we have extended the deadlines:

Music/Video/Installations: March 18 (Sat), 2006
Papers: March 11 (Sat), 2006

This conference is not only a historic collaboration between ICMA and
SEAMUS (Society of Electro Acoustic Music in the US) but is also a
conference that will help with the recovery of a city, its
people,  and its culture.

We have also further updated performance resources which includes the
Ensemble Surplus from Germany, NextEns from Cincinnati, Cat 5 from
Mississipi, the infamous Convolution Brothers, dancers from
the  Tulane Theater and Dance Department, our own Tulane Music Department
Musicians, Korean traditional instrumentalists from Seoul, and much  more.

During the conference we'll be giving away gifts and prizes (as
well  as lots of beads!) made possible by generous donations by
our  corporate sponsors such as Bias(numerous copies of Peak Pro
XT),  Parallax (10 BS2 boards with on board bread-boards), Mixmeister
(more  than $1000 worth of products), Maxim-IC (no not the
magazine!),  Electrotrap ($800 worth of sensors for your HCI needs),
empreintes  DIGITALes (special "ICMC" CD for all registered
participants),  Soundhack (5 copies of spectral shapers), fxpansion
(one of each  software type) and many more.

Please visit www.icmc2006.org for details on updates and conference
information. Laissez les bon temps roulez!

Sincerely,
Tae Hong Park, ICMC 2006 Conference Chair