[artinfo] call for submissions

margaret flood velvetbicycle at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:19:00 CET 2006

Help Create the Shapetionary!

What is the Shapetionary?

Its a visual index of objects.

It started from looking at the dictionary and wondering why some
words are illustrated and others aren't, then thinking it would be
interesting to illustrate the whole dictionary, or all the object
nouns...then organize them by shape.

So I extracted all, or most (aprox 9500), of the object nouns, now I
am setting out to get them illustrated by as many different people as
possible. I am interested in our subjective/collective understandings
of objects.  So far over 400 people are participating, I estimate
that between 1200-1500 drawers are needed. I am an artist living in
Toronto Canada, and am seeking artist world wode to participate in
this project.

If you are interested in illustrating some words, email
velvetbicycle at hotmail.com I will send you a list of 6-8 words, along
with complete instructions.

All contibutors will be acknowledged.

Thank You