[artinfo] Farulli video-art

lufarul at tin.it lufarul at tin.it
Thu Apr 27 09:27:47 CEST 2006

Lecture about New tendences in the Italian Video art
with projection
of videos.
By Prof. Dr. Luca Farulli, Italy.
Friday, April 28th at 10 a.
m.
Moholy Nagy University of Art and Design –
1121 Budapest, Zugligeti
ut 9-25.

Prof. Dr. Luca Farulli teaches aesthetics at the Academy of
Fine Arts in L’Aquila, Italy, and Aesthetics of the Electronic Art at
the University of Florence.  He has been Visiting Professor at the
Univesity of Stuttgart, Germany. His interests are dedicated to the
Theory of the colour and to the aesthetics of the digital art.

•	* *

The lecture will give a view of the Italian artistic panorama,
concerning the video-art, since the eighties to nowadays. Chiefly, two
groups will be considered as the most representative of the Italian
poetic: Studio Azzurro e Bianco-Valente.  The two groups research, in
different ways, to allow a conscious enjoyment  of the electronic
languages and of the computerized technologies, linked to the new
visual culture. Trough  the projection of various videos, it will be
shown the  visual languages  of the two groups which are able - with
different methods - to overcome the currant narrative paradigms. We
will consider also the capacity of these video artists to create an
interactive environment which links the public to the artists, the
public to the artwork, the public to itself.
During the section will
be shown the following videos: Studio Azzurro: Luci di inganni, Il
nuotatore (1982); Il giardino delle cose (1992); Tavoli (1995); Totale
della battaglia (1996); Il soffio sull’angelo (1997); Mediterraneo
(2002). Bianco-Valente: Mind Landscape (1996) a Deep in my mind (1997);
Uneuclidean pattern and I should learn from you (2003); Cloud system
(2004);  Self organizing structures (2005).