[artinfo] Project "netarts.org" 2005 - Call for the Nomination.

autonomy at ss.iij4u.or.jp autonomy at ss.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Sep 7 20:17:17 CEST 2005

"Project netarts.org" 2005 - 2nd announcement

1. Call for the nomination.

Last year, the Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts Tokyo launched new
project, "netarts.org" after 10 years of the project "Art on the
Net." The grand pirze of the project "netarts.org 2004" was the "Ping
Melody" by Pawel Janicki (Poland).

This year, the artworks for the exhibition and the "netarts.org 2005
prize" will be chosen by our Selection Committee. The prize fee for
the top selection will be 200,000 yen.

The members will make their own nominations, but we will accept
nominations from the web also. Please send your nomination to us
directly at our website http://www.netarts.org/ .

The members of the Selection Committee are:

Mark Amerika (http://www.markamerika.com/)
Susan Hazen (http://www.imj.org.il/)
Akihiro Kubota (http://homepage2.nifty.com/%7Ebota/)
keisuke Oki (http://homepage3.nifty.com/oob/)
Rick Silva (http://ricksilva.net/)
You Minowa (Curator, Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts).

We will accept nominations by mail from 15th, July 2005 to 15th,
Sept. 2005. For further information, please visit at;
	http://www.netarts.org/webmuseum.html

2. The physical event

The award-winning artwork will be selected by 30th Sept. And the
first display of the result will be held from 25th to 30th Oct. at
the Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts.

>From 14:00 of 30th Oct, we will have a panel discussion by two
>members of the selection committee, Keisuke Oki and Akihiro KUbota
>at the auditorium of our museum.

The exhibition on the web will be launched 1st, Nov. 2005.

http://www.netarts.org/
webmaster at netarts.org