[artinfo] last call for audiovisual works! - zemos98 - spain

pedro zemos98.org pedro at zemos98.org
Thu Oct 20 11:17:28 CEST 2005

//////////////////////////////////////
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

deadline: 1st November 2005
http://www.zemos98.org/call

Submission Guidelines for the zemos98 Call for Audiovisual Works [8th
edition] - Sevilla - Spain

For the 8th consecutive year, zemos98 presents the participation
guidelines for the competition for short audiovisual works on video. We
have prepared this shorter and simplified version but we strongly
recommend that you consult the complete guidelines. We’ve also prepared
a short text explaining some of the "why’s" behind this call for entries.

deadline: 1st November 2005
http://www.zemos98.org/call

1. The zemos98 call for audiovisual works is aimed at short works on
VIDEO. Works in Spanish will be accepted. Works can be in Spanish or any
other language, as long as they are subtitled in Spanish or English.

The theme and genre are open. There is no maximum number of works per
author.

2. We recommend a maximum duration of 20 minutes for each work, keeping
in mind that the final prize is the edition of a DVD of the best works.

3. Each work should be submitted on a separate (rewound) tape or disc
(PAL or NTSC) in any of the following formats: VHS, S-VHS, MINI.DV, DVD,
SVIDEO-CD, VIDEO-CD. The recommended format is MINI.DV.

4. Participants must complete the online registration form correctly and
in full.

5. We cannot return submitted materials. All works submitted will be
included in the videoteca.zemos98 video library, and may be screened for
non-profit/educational purposes.

6. Works can be submitted by post or courier, or delivered in person,
and must be received by November 1, 2005.

Works must be sent to the following address:

OCTAVA EDICIÓN FESTIVAL AUDIOVISUAL ZEMOS98
Universidad Internacional de Andalucía
Monasterio de Santa María de las Cuevas,
c/ Américo Vespucio, 2 Isla de la Cartuja.
41092 Sevilla SPAIN

7. PRIZES. The best works submitted will be screened in the Official
Section of the Festival. zemos98 [octava edición] agrees to pay 150 €
for every work participating this section for the purposes of presenting
the work and public screening. The authors of these works will be
invited to participate in the 5th Meeting of Audiovisual Creators. The
final prize will be the editing of a DVD with the most outstanding works
in this section, with the works being subtitled in English, French and
Spanish.

This DVD will then take part in an international itinerary. There is
also a prize for the best Latin American work, consisting of a grant for
accommodation and enrolment fees for the Master of Audiovisual
Communication that is held every two years at the Universidad
Internacional de Andalucía facilities in Rábida, in the region of Huelva.

deadline: 1st November 2005
http://www.zemos98.org/call