[artinfo] Performance Paradigm
fuller at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 9 16:50:42 CET 2005
Announcing the first issue of Performance Paradigm
- a refereed journal of performance and contemporary culture
Now live on-line at www.performanceparadigm.net.
LIVE ENDS. PERFORMANCE IN THE INFORMATION AGE
'We have always been prosthetic bodies, augmented and extended'
Stelarc (1999) Issue One of Performance Paradigm examines how
developments in media and information technology have made new modes
of performance possible in new contexts: Time based art; New media
art; Multimedia performance; Post-humanism; Cybernetics; DJs and
- Christy Dena 'Elements of "Interactive Drama". Behind the Virtual
Curtain of Jupiter Green.'
- Jon McKenzie 'Hacktivism and Machinic Performance'
- Andrew Murphie 'Vibrations in the Air. Performance and Interactive Technics'
- Yuji Sone 'East Meets West: Bunraku, Intermediation, and Australian
Institutional Conceptions of Interdisciplinarity'
- Ray Langenbach 'Theatre of Agencies: The LGB Story'
Stelarc, PERFORMING IN-DIFFERENCE
Philip Auslander, AFTER LIVENESS. AN E-INTERVIEW
David Pledger, ON EAVESDROP AND NEW MEDIA
Peta Tait, Review of 'Alladeen' Master Builders' Association/Motorori
at Melbourne festival 2004
Samantha Spurr, 'What is Installation?' (Sydney: Power Publications,
2003) Eds Adam Geczy and Benjamin Gennochio
REGISTER NOW TO BE NOTIFIED OF THE PASSWORD TO ACCESS THE FIRST ISSUE.
PERFORMANCE PARADIGM IS CO-EDITED BY EDWARD SCHEER AND PETER ECKERSALL
AND PUBLISHED WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES, UNSW
AND THE SCHOOL OF CREATIVE ARTS, UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
More information about the Artinfo