[artinfo] [Netbase] Call for contributions >> World-Information City: Billboards Bangalore 2005

Martin Wassermair wassermair at t0.or.at
Sun Jul 31 13:25:31 CEST 2005

|---
| CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
|---
| Institute for New Culture Technologies/t0
|---
| http://www.netbase.org/
|---
| 2005-07-28
|---

|---
| World-Information City: Billboards Bangalore 2005
|---

|---
| World-Information City
|---

In November 2005, "World-Information City" will be presented as the
first "World-Information.Org" event outside of Europe in the Indian
IT-capital Bangalore. World-Information.Org is an ongoing cultural
project supported by the EU.

The event raises questions about the impact of new technologies on our
societies: on daily life, work, culture, and politics, and also
addresses the issue of how new information technologies are changing our
ideas of urban life.

"World-Information City" is a joint effort of European and South Asian
civil societies with a focus on cultures of Open Networks in technology
driven information societies and on issues of Intellectual Property.

Starting a dialogue with lively media cultures and information
landscapes which have emerged in South Asia in recent years, "World
Information City" offers a dense programme of exhibitions, conferences,
workshops, and projects in the public sphere.

http://world-information.org/bangalore

|---
| Call for Billboard Designs in the Public Sphere
|---

Wanted: Concepts for the design of large-size billboards supposed
to carry the issues of "World-Information City’ into the public sphere
of the urban space of Bangalore in November 2005. (poss. also posters,
stickers etc.)

|---
| Theme of the Competition
|---

What do stricter intellectual property laws mean for the public, for
digital ecology, accessibility of knowledge, and also for the future of
urban spaces?

Visible focal points in the cityscape are supposed to raise awareness
for cultural, social, and political problems. The event hopes to
communicate these topics to a wider audience via interventions in the
public sphere of Bangalore.

Further information:

http://world-information.org/readme

|---
| Submission
|---

Submissions can ONLY be presented online and in English:

http://world-information.org/call/form

Only submissions from EU member states can be accepted!

|---
| Deadline: 2005-08-31
|---

|---
| Jury
|---

Konrad Becker, Netbase (Vienna/A)
Marina Grzinic (Ljubljana/SLO)
Lawrence Liang, Alternative Law Forum (Bangalore/IN)
Paul Keller, Waag Society (Amsterdam/NL)
Shuddhabaratha Sengupta, Sarai CSDS (Delhi/IN)

The selected design will be presented between November 14-20, 2005, in
the public sphere of Bangalore.

Costs for the realisation of the draft, travel expenses, and a 1-week
stay in Bangalore for participation in "World Information City" will be
covered.

|---
| EU-India-ECCP-Programme
| http://www.delind.cec.eu.int/en/eco/eccp.htm
|---

|---
| Project Partners:
|---
| Sarai CSDS
| http://www.sarai.net/
|---
| Waag Society
| http://www.waag.org/
|---
| The Alternative Law Forum
| http://www.altlawforum.org/
|---

|---
| Queries
|---
| Netbase
| Institute for New Culture Technologies/t0
| Temporary Quarters, Burggasse 21
| A-1070 Vienna
|---
| Tel. +43 (1) 522 18 34