[artinfo] Call for Work: Tactical Media Cookbook
kanarinka at ikatun.com
Sun Jul 24 12:56:14 CEST 2005
ALL THE BELOW INFO CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE:
Tactical Media Cookbook is a web project organized by Finishing School
that will share data related to the practice of tactical media. TMC
will present various working theories that are associated with the
practice of tactical media, supply concise project recipes from various
tactical media practitioners, and present a directory of tactical media
Finishing School will be exhibiting TMC in _Urban Networks_, an
exhibit organized by curator Susan Joyce for Art Interactive in Cambridge,
Massachusetts, USA in June 2006. The project will also be available
permanently at tacticalmediacookbook.net
PROPOSED INSTALLATION (Art Interactive)
The proposed TMC installation will consist of several computer
terminals and a bookbinding station.
TMC participants will be able to:
1. Browse the contents of the TMC.
2. Print desired essays and project recipes.
3. Assemble their own cookbook that they can keep for reference and future use.
FS members will be on hand to conduct bookbinding workshops at the
opening reception; a how-to-video will be playing for the remainder of
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Finishing School is seeking (in English) concise and clear submissions
relevant to the following categories:
Tactical Media Theory
- Tell us what tactical media is
- How you use tactical media
Tactical Media Project Recipes
- Please try to keep the tactical media project descriptions brief,
500 word maximum
Directory of Tactical Media Practitioners
- Include preferred contact information and brief description of
All submissions need to be received by December 1, 2005 to be
considered for the project.
Text needs to be in Word Document format
Images need to be 300 dpi and in JPG or PDF format
Please email questions/submissions to contact_fs at yahoo.com
1. Can I submit to more then one category?
2. Can I submit more then once in the same category?
3. When will I know if my work has been accepted?
FS will post all accepted work by February 1, 2006 on the TMC site.
4. How will my submission be presented on the TMC site?
All accepted submissions will be reformatted by FS into linkable and
printable 8.5 x 11 inch PDF's.
More information about the Artinfo