[artinfo] Call for Entries: Volgograd International festival of video art “Videology”

yrmlv fedor_ermoloff at mail.ru
Sat Jul 2 23:55:00 CEST 2005

Second Volgograd International festival of video art "Videology" has
started to accept works for contest programme. Works are accepted from
1st of July to 30th of September inclusive.

Festival "Videology" is a big event not only for Volgograd, but for
all Southern Russia. It is the first for many years large-scale
festival of modern art in region. We hope that festival of 2005 will
continue the newly-born tradition on a decent level and contribute to
establishing Volgograd as an important centre of modern art.

This year the festival will take a slogan "Personality. Community.
Territory". We invite all artists who work with experimental video, to
take part in "Videology" festival and to support our initiative. Here
you can get familiar with the terms of application and download the
application form for taking part in the festival:
http://www.videologia.mkafisha.ru/eng/index.html

We also invite artists from Germany to take part in topical festival
of German videoart "Open Look", which will be carried out by us in
cooperation with museum-reserve "Staraya Sarepta" in September of
2005. In 18-19th centuries Sarepta was a cultural centre of Germans of
Volga region, a place of contact and interaction of German culture
with other national cultures of the region. Carrying out a festival of
modern German art on this historic territory with continue this old
tradition on a new level. Programme of German videoart festival "Open
Look" will be also presented later on at "Videology" festival. Terms
of taking part in the festival "Open Look" are the same as "Videology"
festival.

www.videologia.mkafisha.ru/eng/index.html
videology at mail.ru