[artinfo] Film Submissions Requested

Mandy Van Deven mandy at altarmagazine.com
Sun Dec 25 00:02:09 CET 2005

Altar Magazine is seeking film submissions for an all day girls' and
women's film event in New York City at the Pioneer Theater this Spring. We
seek to show films that highlight girls' and women's experiences and
politics. The film must be directed or co-directed by a woman. We will
consider productions in the follow categories: feature length (60 mins or
longer), narrative, documentary, student films, and short films (59 mins
or shorter).

There is no entry fee. We accept submissions from filmmakers around the
world. To have your film considered, please completely fill out and sign
the Submission Form (below). A separate form is required for each film
submitted.

Send to:
Altar Magazine
Attn: Film Submissions
955 Metropolitan Ave
Suite 4R
Brooklyn, NY 11211

SUBMISSION FORM
Director:                       Entrant/Production Company:
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
City:                           State or Province:
Postal Code:                    Country:
Work Phone:                     Home Phone:
Mobile:                         Fax:
Email:

Title of Film/Video:
Running Time:
Year Completed:
Genre:

How did you hear about us? (Please be specific):

Also include:
* One copy of DVD (preferred) or VHS (in NTSC format only) of the film for
the selection committee
* Full Film/Video Synopsis
* A 50-word description of the film or video (for promotional purposes)
* Director(s) biography (and photograph if you like)
* Stills from the film (high resolution electronic files are
acceptable)
* Press kit and/or electronic press kit (with posters if available).

NOTE: There is no limit to the number of entries. However, a separate
submission form is required for each.

PREVIEW FORMATS: VHS or DVD

EXHIBITION FORMATS: BetaSP (either 4:3 or 16:9) or 35mm

DEADLINE: March 1st (must arrive by March 1st)
NOTIFICATION: March 15th

RETURN OF YOUR MATERIALS: We do not return submission materials unless
a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) is provided by the entrant.

RECEIPT CONFIRMATION: Due to the high volume of submissions we cannot
confirm receipt of submission materials by phone or email. If you would
like confirmation that we received your submission, please include a
Self Addressed Stamped Postcard with your film title on it and we will
send this upon receipt, or entrants can send submissions with a traceable
form of shipping (Fed Ex, UPS etc.)

If you have any questions, please contact info at altarmagazine.com or check
out the website at http://www.altarmagazine.com. Feel free to forward this
information to anyone who may be interested. We look forward to hearing
from you.

Best,
Mandy Van Deven
Editor & Publisher