[artinfo] 1000$ PAGE AWARD

olia lialina olia at profolia.org
Wed Mar 31 13:15:42 CEST 2004

http://art.teleportacia.org/1000$/

Art.Teleportacia is calling for personal web
sites submissions. Please put a link to a page in
the form on the right. You can submit your own
page or a page you like. Your own comments are
welcome but not required. Submissions are
accepted till mid september 2004.

The winner will be announced in October 2004. The
place and the form of the award ceremony can vary
and will depend on the location of the winner and
political situation next autoumn.

During the submission period all the submitted
links will appear on the website. The most
interesting links will be reviewed by jury
members and their trusted friends weekly.

1000$ prize is made of Art.teleportacia savings
and cash contributions from the jury members:

Dorothée Gestrich (.de)
She just finished her MA research "Welcome to my
Homepage". Her interests range from web-based art
and social aspects of media-based relations to
the special form of hospitality in the
circumstances of the Internet.

Kerstin Guenther (.de)
She is the author of Linkhunters, the Real time
web game parasiting on the homepages of the
people who don't know it.

Auriea Harvey (.com/ .us /.be)
She still codes all her web pages by hand in a
text editor and has been making homepages since
1995, that's a really long time! She's married to
the winner of the first Form Art competition.
Together, they have been entropy8zuper.org for 5
years.

Olia Lialina (.org/ .ru /.de)
She is a former model, professor, wife of a rock
star. Art.teleportacia owner. Last century her
will-n-testament personal home page was nominated
to the Webby awards.

Natalia Struchkova (.ru)
Her home page was the winner of the Russian Intel
Internet Premium 2001 (in net-art nomination).
The author (together with mr.Parker) of numerous
art projects in the net, in parallel she is an
analog artist and commercial designer.

We are looking forward to find very special
personal web sites and very ordinary ones. It can
be a page made in 1993 or 2004. Text only or
flash. Registed domain or subdirectory on a free
web hosting service. We would like to see and
show what is going on, what is cool, what is
common, what is forgotten and recovered. The idea
is to reward the greatest and exhibit the most
interesting works and to attract attention to
private, non professional web.

We can read Russian, English, German and
Flemmish. We may ask for your comments in any of
these languages if your page is made in any other
language.

If you are a celebrity (like rock, pop, movie
star, NHL player, CNN moderator) or just a rich
and prominent person - you can still participate
in the contest but only if you've made your home
site yourself.

Please make a link to this contest and announce
it on the mailing lists, interested web logs,
online and offline mass media.

Thank you

Olia Lialina