[artinfo] News from the Film Fest of Fine Arts

Tisza Mozi Kft. tiszamozi at externet.hu
Wed Jul 14 20:44:46 CEST 2004

THE LATEST from Szolnok

344 films from 32 countries of the world were submitted to the Int l Film
Festival of Fine Arts to be held in Szolnok, Hungary (16-21 September
2004). The preview jury have to view 110 hours of films to select the ones
to be screened in competition or in the informative section, which is about
40-50 hours altogether.

During the film festival, once again a number of prominent professional
events will take place as joint programmes. The conference TRANSEUROPA
EXPRESS will be a 5-day event, for which the organizers have invited
several well-known film schools from Cenral Europe. Based on the positive
Slovenia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Austria and
Germany. The conference will mostly focus on the opportunities open to
European films and coproductions with a special emphasis on the countries
that recently joined the EU. Having read the proposed programme of the
conference, the high representatives of FIPRESCI informed us that they
would also organize a colloque in Szolnok for their members like they did 2
years ago. Among others we count on representatives of the Ministry of
National Cultural Heritage, the chair of Media Desk in Hungary as well as
the Association of Hungarian Producers to make their contribution to the
event.

Meanwhile we came across an interesting contact from England. The
Halwhistle Film Project wrote to us that they intend to participate in the
EU s Leader+ programme and they look for partners in rural areas to process
the problems and situations affecting them within a joint film project.
Since they find the friendly atmosphere of a small-town festival adequate
to make new contacts, they intend to come and attend the festival, and
start organizing their international project here in Hungary.

The Online Registration Form for the International Film Market to be held
simultaneously with the festival can be found at

<http://www.tiszamozi.hu/01MAIN_PAGE/ang/menus/i_film_mark_reg_form/step1.htm>http://www.tiszamozi.hu/01MAIN_PAGE/ang/menus/i_film_mark_reg_form/step1.htm

or it can be also reached with a hot link from the opening page of our site.

Further information on our events is available on our website
<http://www.tiszamozi.hu/>www.tiszamozi.hu .

                         Istvan Demeter

                         festival manager