[artinfo] PhD studentship announcement

Simon Biggs simon at littlepig.org.uk
Tue Jul 13 14:20:24 CEST 2004

The Art and Design Research Centre (ADRC) at Sheffield Hallam
University is offering a university-funded PhD studentship in Fine
Art, Design or Media Production. The studentship will provide fees, a
maintenance allowance
in line with UK Research Council norms and some support with
practical research costs.

We invite enquiries from people who have achieved a high standard in
their previous studies, who have identified a challenging research
problem in an area of which they have a broad understanding. This may
have arisen from earlier postgraduate studies or from professional
experience.

Sheffield Hallam University is one of the UK's leading research
centres for Art, Design and Media Production, achieving a 5 rating in
the most recent UK Research Assessment Exercise. We were also the
first UK University to
introduce a full-time Research Methods training programme in Art and
Design leading to a Masters Qualification.

Our research includes a significant amount of collaborative work with
other disciplines, notably in healthcare materials science and in
computer science. To develop this inter-disciplinary theme the
university has formed a Culture, Communication & Computing Research
Institute in which ADRC is the largest element.

We encourage research in which creative practice plays a significant
part in investigations and we have taken a lead in developing and
disseminating effective methods for investigative creative practice.

If you would like to explore this opportunity, please send me a CV
and brief outline of your research interests.

regards
Chris Rust

**********************************
Professor Chris Rust