[artinfo] [UNXposed] Rooftop Films

UNXposed Moderator saiz at unxposed.com
Wed Feb 4 14:09:19 CET 2004

Rooftop Films, NY, USA. calls for outdoor rooftop screening series in
Brooklyn, NY. Deadline: 16 February http://www.rooftopfilms.com/submit.html

To submit your film or a curated program to Rooftop Films, mail VHS tapes or
DVDs to:
Rooftop Films / PO Box 482 / New York, NY 10276

If you're in New York City, you can drop a tape off at Alan's Alley Video,
an exciting and eccentric video store on 9th Avenue, just below 23rd Street.
Please write your name, address, email and phone number directly on the
tape. If you are submitting a curated program with multiple films on it you
may submit the program on Mini DV, VHS or DVD. Tapes will not be returned.
Movies may be shared with other curators, or distributed on Rooftop Films
DVDs, but never screened or compiled without your consent.

There is a recommended submission fee of $7.00. The submission fee is the
same as our admission price for shows and, like our admission price, it is
not required for those who are very much short of funds. The process of
organizing a full summer series is a long, sometimes difficult, and
sometimes expensive task, and Rooftop Films is run entirely by volunteers.
We believe that the Summer Series provides an essential service to both
filmmakers and to the audience, so we feel that it is fair for us to ask
that both parties contribute a bit to the cost of organizing and running the
series.

We will not keep records of which filmmakers include the submission fee with
their films, so if you are not able to include the submission fee it will in
no way impact our consideration of your submissions. The $7.00 recommended
fee is per filmmaker/curator, and not per film, so feel free to include as
many films as you would like for the same submission fee. 1/7 of the
submission fee will go towards the Rooftop Filmmakers' Fund.

Of course, if you would like to contribute more to help Rooftop Films, we
would be very much thankful. You can make your donation in cash or by check.
If you are including a check, please make it payable to Rooftop Films.

Deadline for features and curated programs is January 16, 2004. Deadline for
shorts is February 16th, 2004. Submissions are ongoing, but we may not be
able to include films submitted after these dates in the Summer Series. We
will hold on to them for future screenings. So even if the deadline has
passed, send films and programs as soon as you can, and they will be
considered.

If you have any questions regarding submissions, please email Dan Nuxoll,
Director of Submissions, at submit at rooftopfilms.com