[artinfo] ARTSPACE SEEKS DIRECTOR

Edu-News info at edu-news.com
Fri Dec 10 11:20:45 CET 2004

ARTSPACE SEEKS DIRECTOR
The best job in the world

Closing date for applications: Friday 14 January 2005, starting March 2005

ARTSPACE leads Auckland's contemporary art scene, presenting cutting
edge work from New Zealand and International artists. We present
approximately ten exhibitions a year, with additional space and
contacts to support performances, screenings and lectures. Over our
17 year history, ARTSPACE has been led by five different directors.
We are seeking a Director with a passionate and strong perspective on
contemporary art, and a desire to address the changing conditions of
art practice.

The applicant must have the ability to research and implement a
critical visual art programme that will enliven debate. The ideal
candidate will have a thorough knowledge of local and international
art practice; have experience as a curator or initiator of art
projects; ideally have an MFA or MA in Art or Art History or relevant
industry experience; and have strong sector support. We maintain a
strong publications record so critical skills or publishing knowledge
will be an asset. The successful candidate will be required to
develop and implement the remaining 2005 programme, and subsequent
programmes that determine the future direction of ARTSPACE, and
actively build on existing networks. The Director will report to a
Board of Trustees. This is a fixed term contract for three years.

For application details and further information please contact the
ARTSPACE Gallery Manager, Vikki Henderson at ARTSPACE (phone +64 9
3034965; fax +64 9 3661842; email artspace at artspace.org.nz).
Applications close Friday 14th January 2005
ARTSPACE receives major public funding from Creative New Zealand.