[artinfo] Rhizomes: Cultural Studies in Emerging Knowledge - Open Issue

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Fri Apr 16 16:08:10 CEST 2004

Rhizomes: Cultural Studies in Emerging Knowledge

CALL FOR PAPERS - Open Issue

Since 2001, Rhizomes has promoted experimental work
located outside current disciplines, work that has no proper
location.  We encourage migrations into new conceptual
territories resulting from unpredictable juxtapositions.  We
are currently accepting submission for Rhizomes #9, an
open topic issue.

Due date for submissions:  01 October 2004

As a full text online periodical, Rhizomes emphasizes
multimedia to foster imaginative work that challenges typical
critical forms.  While submissions need not necessarily
include developed multimedia, authors should consider
how their work might be enhanced by elements specific to
the online medium.  Contributors may work with editors and
technical staff to establish a more effective online
presentation, for example, by providing relevant image
and/or audio files as well as specialized instances of code.

Rhizomes engages in a collaborative review process.  In
addition to an initial screen by the editors, contributions will
undergo a "blind" review by at least two members of the
editorial board.

Interested parties are highly encouraged to review the
Rhizomes website ^÷ located at www.rhizomes.net ^÷ to gain
familiarity with the various styles and subjects of previous
journal issues.  As our name suggests, works written in the
spirit of Deleuzian approaches are welcomed but not
required.

Co-Editors:  Ellen Berry and  Carol Siegel
Review Editor:  Craig Saper

All submissions to Rhizomes should conform to standards
for citation that govern publications in the author's field and
should include a bibliography, if appropriate.  We will
consider short pieces but typically do not consider texts of
more than 7500 words, including notes.  Any queries about
potential submissions for the open issue are welcome.

Carol Siegel, Submissions Editor
English Department
Washington State University, Vancouver
14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave.