[artinfo] UNESCO DigiArts CfP to 'Young Digital Creators' (YDC)

digiarts digiarts at unesco.org
Fri Apr 2 12:25:05 CEST 2004

Dear Madam / Sir,

The
<http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php@URL_ID=5334&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html>UNESCO
Young Digital Creators (YDC) is a web-based initiative that provides
a variety of online programmes for young people to create and
communicate on global issues such as water, urbanization, HIV/AIDS,
cultural diversity, etc. It especially aims at promoting
interdisciplinary approaches of arts, science, and technology in
fostering interactive platforms of quality education.

We are just about to start the First Session of 2004 of the Young
Digital Creators Programme. For the session, we intend to initiate
the following three programmes starting from:

26 April 2004:    - <http://unesco.uiah.fi/water>The Sound of our Water

Creating water soundscapes with digital sound

<http://unesco.uiah.fi/water>http://unesco.uiah.fi/water

          - <http://digiarts-hiv-unesco.org/>Youth Creating and
Communicating on HIV/AIDS

Expressing oneself and reacting to HIV/AIDS issues via multimedia

<http://digiarts-hiv-unesco.org/>http://digiarts-hiv-unesco.org/

4 May 2004:     -
<http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php@URL_ID=16923&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html>Scenes
and Sounds of my City

Digitally audio-visualizing the past, present and future of urban environment

http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php@URL_ID=16923&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

These programmes have been tested and evaluated from September 2003 -
February 2004 with a selection of UNESCO Associated schools, clubs,
centres and have been presented at the World Summit on Information
Society (Geneva, 10-12 December 2003). You will be able to find the
results of the initial session on the respective websites.

Please find attached the general information and the registration
form, providing you with practical information on how to participate
in the programmes - also available on the DigiArts portal at the
following link:

<http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php@URL_ID=19463&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html>http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php@URL_ID=19463&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

I trust that we may count on your most valuable collaboration in this project.

Yours sincerely,

Milagros del Corral

Team leader of DigiArts Portal Project

Deputy Assistant Director-General for Culture