[artinfo] Fwd: Call to Artists

Andrea Szekeres asz at c3.hu
Thu Oct 30 12:05:51 CET 2003

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Saturday, September 27, 2003.
Vernon, BC, Canada

Call to Artists and Writers:
Gallery Vertigo is calling for entries for
an invitational exhibition of images and text entitled:
small WONDERs
Deadline for Submissions:
November 15, 2003.
Exhibition Run:
November 18 to December 20, 2003.
Opening Reception:
Saturday, November 22, 2003.
Theme:
This is really wide open...encapsulate your innermost, your most bizarre
and secret, miraculous and fantastic, wonder-filled thoughts in a tiny
postcard sized work and exhibit it next to works submitted by artists and
writers from around the globe.
Dimensions:
Works should measure 16cm X 12cm and should be no more than 3 centimetres
in depth. (That's about 6 inches by 4.5 inches by 1 inch thick) Works may
be oriented in any direction. Works should not be framed, matted, mounted
or plastic-wrapped in preparation for exhibition.
Number of Works:
One work per artist.
Media:
All mediums/media welcome. Writers are encouraged to enter text works in
the size and format stated above.
Methods of Delivery:
Works may be shipped by regular post, by email or they may be hand
delivered. Artists are responsible for shipping costs. Digitally submitted
works should be sent in jpeg format, in the size stated above, and at a
manageable resolution (300dpi is recommended). Digitally submitted works
will be printed onto glossy photo quality stock for exhibition.
Return of Artwork:
Works will not be returned to the artist. We are unable to return the works
due to the global nature of the exhibition. Instead, we humbly request that
the works be donated to the gallery to assist with operating costs.
Artist Copyright:
Each image received will be sold only once by the gallery. Additional
reproductions will not be produced for purpose of sale. Reproduction of the
images/text will be limited to use in promotion of the exhibition and in an
exhibition publication. All rights to the images/text will be retained by
each participating artist/writer. Artists and writers whose work appears in
the exhibition publication will receive a complimentary copy of the
publication.
Dissemination:
PASS IT ON! Small wonder, we want you to help spread the word, too! Please
forward this Call to Artists to artists and writers you know and ask them
to forward it to other artists and writers. It is our hope that we will
receive entries from artists and writers from virtually every part of the
earth, so if you know an artist in a faraway place, please alert them to
this opportunity to show in Canada.
Addresses:
Mail:
smallWONDERs