[artinfo] Call for Video Art Submissions - SEE TV Channel (fwd)

C3 Information info at c3.hu
Thu Nov 13 14:55:31 CET 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:19:49 -0800 (PST)
From: marko stamenkovic <eyeqlla at yahoo.com>
To: marko at see-tv.net
Subject: Call for Video Art Submissions - SEE TV Channel

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing on behalf of Mr. Milan Atanaskovic, Vice-president and Editor =
in Chief of a satellite TV channel for countries of South East Europe (=93S=
EE TV Channel=94). We are pleased to present the basic information on our p=
roject and invite you to take active and constituent part in it.

SEE Channel is currently inviting all video artists from the SEE region (or=
 the SEE artists living and working elsewhere) to submit their video materi=
al to the SEE Channel Office in Belgrade in order to make the South East Eu=
ropean broadcasting video-art database. The program is intended to have an =
open international character and to be European oriented. The basis of the =
program during the experimental broadcasting will be focused on the cultura=
l diversity of the region. The main slogan will be =93Do you SEE me?" which=
 is a pun on both the official geographical name of the region  (SEE =3D So=
uth East Europe) and the conditions of the view, based on the possibility o=
f mutual communication and comprehension.

We would be grateful if you could help us fulfill this mission which would =
enrich and benefit both the regional art network and the global image of th=
e countries of the South East Europe. Preference is given to video works co=
ming originally from the artists living in countries of the SEE region. Spe=
cial attention will be given to works displaying contemporary visual aspect=
s, as well as to non-commercial works. Short films, documentaries, video ar=
t, video clips, and musical programs / concerts will be a part of the schem=
e during the experimental stage. The materials selected would be transmitte=
d and repeated (at least 10 times) on SEE TV. We should be absolved from an=
y royalty payment for broadcasting and permit the programs to be shown on l=
ocal TV networks in our region, should such a need arise. A showcase of vid=
eo art works is destined to give greater incentive and effective support to=
 video artists, in terms of their regional and intercontinental promotion, =
and to develop a broad
 showcase, in terms of genres and countries of origin, of the potential and=
 achievements of contemporary video works, and in the affirmation of the ne=
w SEE video art network as well.

You are hereby kindly invited to send us  your own video works or those fro=
m your collection, preferably in the high-quality video formats (BETA SP, D=
VD, DV etc.; the VHS copies will be accepted only in case no other format c=
an be provided by an artist), containing the following data: the name of th=
e author, biography, original title, English title, duration, language, yea=
r of production, short description (the concept of the work), and the autho=
rization permit included. All the material should be with original sound.

For first selection, works must be sent until 1 December  2003, together wi=
th the correctly filled data, to the following address:

Milan Atanaskovic / SEE TV

Kneza Milosa 64

11000 Beograd

Serbia & Montenegro

Please confirm your participation as soon as possible.

For any further information please contact:

Milan Atanaskovic

atanas at see-tv.net

I look forward to hearing from you and I am grateful for your cooperation.

Yours faithfully,

Marko Stamenkovic

marko at see-tv.net

SEE Channel Coordinator