[artinfo] ellenpalya

Kiss-Pál Szabolcs kspal@aramszu.net
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:57:53 +0100 (MET DST)

Dear All,

Last week I listed a job opp at the Savannah College of Art and Design.  A reader commented that the Savannah College of Art and Design has a strong reputation for being a really horrible place to work.  To quote: "savannah college of art, to my understanding, is not a fit employer nor a fit educational institution"

I did a little research, and found this large website:   http://www.scad-and-us.info/   which is dedicated to people who have been wronged by the school, and the number people is not small, it seems.  It repeatedly compares the school/administration to the Mafia, and John Grisham's The Firm.  It also mentions aesbestos in one building which has caused a large percentage of faculty who worked in the building to get cancer, some of whom have died; this has been swept under the carpet.

The gist of it is DO NOT APPLY TO TEACH AT THIS SCHOOL.

It sounds like a nightmare.

Stay away.

With love,

your editor