[artinfo] Deadline Approaching

MadCat Women's Film Festival info at madcatfilmfestival.org
Mon Jun 2 12:49:21 CEST 2003

Please note the MadCat Film Festival deadline is almost here! Send us your
submissions today!

Call for Submissions
The MadCat Women¹s International Film Festival exhibits cutting-edge
independent and experimental films directed or co-directed by women. MadCat
accepts films and videos about any topic and do not give specific preference
to work about women. We also accept all genres of film and videos and work
can be produced any year.  The final deadline is June 4 - so pack up your
tape and send it our way!

An entry form, guidelines and our FAQ sheet can be obtained on our web site
at http://www.madcatfilmfestival.org. Let us know if you have any questions.

Please pass on this information to other filmmakers who might be interested
in submitting work!
MadCat Film Festival
http://www.madcatfilmfestival.org

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
MADCAT FILM FESTIVAL (Sept in CA) emphasizes innovative works
by women which challenge the use of sound, images, and visual
story-telling. Festival seeks experimental, avant-garde and independent
works of all lengths and genres directed or co-directed by women. Exhibition
Formats: Super-8, 16mm, and 35mm film; VHS, SVHS, 3/4², and Beta SP video;
mini-DV. VHS for preview. Sliding scale entry fee: $10­$30. International
Entrants Disregard the Fee. For an entry form go to
www.madcatfilmfestival.org. (415) 436-9523; fax: (415) 934-0642;
info at madcatfilmfestival.org. Final Deadline: JUNE 4.

Praise for MadCat
"Ben-Dov curates inspired programs that combine both historical (and
historically neglected) films and new works by women.² - The Independent
Film and Video Monthly

"Both the festivals content and concept are radical in a manicured film
landscape where only those marginal makers working in standard formats and
digestible genres can get past the groundskeepers."
-Susan Gerhard, SF Guardian

³Female filmmakers have evolved, based on the stellar slate highlighted at
the MadCat Film Festival, where post-feminism morphs into profound humanism.
This is an exciting time for women filmmakers, and for all moviegoers.² -SF
Weekly

"At MadCat, being avant-garde is just as important as being female."
- San Francisco Chronicle

"I've rarely ever seen a festival that is as engaging or as well put
together as MadCat." -Festival goer

"As a genre, as a space for talking about, documenting, dramatizing, and
inventing ourselves on camera, women's filmmaking can only grow and improve
through ambitious events like MadCat. MadCat gets a big, big hand for
insight, excellence, attitude, and chic." - Art Papers

Thank our lucky stars that we live in San Francisco­home of the MadCat Film
Festival. It is chock-a-block with provocative and artistic films and videos
made by women.² ­ SF Reader

"Refreshingly unique!" Film/Tape World

"The MadCat filmgoing experience crosses between a history lesson, a
technical showcase, and a panorama of contemporary film. It has the feeling
of a much older festival, one with an established direction and a stable
mission. The festival devotes its resources to programming instead of
panels, workshops, and parties. The cineaste nature of the MadCat, where the
most important space is the screen, creates a low-key environment. Shaped by
Ben-Dov's commitment to showing the best work she can find, regardless of
age, nationality, or genre, MadCat consistently presents historically and
culturally relevant programming." - The Independent Film and Video Monthly

MadCat Film Festival
639 Steiner Street
SF, CA 94117 USA

Phone: 415 436-9523