[artinfo] Assistant Professor in Film and Liberal Arts

eva egyarmati at c3.hu
Wed Jul 30 05:23:50 CEST 2003

   1. Assistant Professor in Film and Liberal Arts

Position: Film and the Liberal Arts
Institution: European College of Liberal Arts, Berlin
Location: Germany
Date posted: 7/28/2003
European College of Liberal Arts, Berlin
Assistant Professor in Film and Liberal Arts

Located in Berlin, Germany, the European College of Liberal Arts (ECLA) is a
newly founded, private liberal arts institution whose founding aim is to
revive the tradition of liberal arts and the Humboldtian idea of the
university in Germany. To this end, ECLA has developed a unique
problem-based, interdisciplinary liberal arts curriculum which approaches
key questions of European Intellectual History.

We seek a film professor to develop and expand the ideas of the film
component of our curriculum. The goal of film studies at ECLA is to give
students an overview of the history and theory of film while connecting it
to our curriculum.

Teaching begins in October, and extends until June, but the professor will
be expected to begin collaborating with other members of the faculty on
reviewing our existing curriculum on September 18th. Teaching duties include
leading a weekly film discussion, as well as leading one to three research
students in a year long academic research project about film. The language
of instruction is English. To learn more about our college, please visit our
website at www.ecla.de.

Please send a cover letter, CV, letter of recommendation, and a brief
proposal of how you would teach film in a liberal arts curriculum to Search
Committee, ECLA, Platanenstr. 24, 13156 Berlin, Germany, or to AK at ecla.de.
The application must be postmarked no later than August 12th. Earlier
applications are especially welcome.
Contact Information:
      E-mail : AK at ecla.de
Web Site : http://www.ecla.de