[artinfo] backup last call for entries

backup office juliane.fuchs at jena.thur.de
Sat Jul 26 11:15:05 CEST 2003

+++ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT: CALL FOR ENTRIES+++

+++DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JULY 31st 2003+++

+++PLEASE FORWARD THIS MAIL+++

+++THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!+++

backup_festival. new media in film

backup is an international festival for film and video productions developed
using digital tools and a stock-taking within the realm of 'new media'.

backup began in the European Cultural Capital Year 1999. with its 2001
edition, backup has reached a level that secures it a respectable place
among the European festivals. last year we received over 1000 entries from
42 countries for the international competition. there was an fruitful
cooperation with media businesses, and likewise joint events with other
German and European universities besides Weimar's Bauhaus University.

the deadline for entries is July 31, 2003 (postmark and online)
the date of our festival in 2003: October 30 - November 2

additionally, all of the above is available online.
you can register with this form on our website www.backup-festival.com until
July 31.

the call for entries

this year there are three interesting sections:

for the international backup.award we are at first interested in shorts
which are no longer than 15 minutes and not older than two years. we are
interested in film and video productions developed using digital means.
(shorts, music video, experimental, trailer and so on) prizes will be
awarded with a total value of 4,500 euro.

we also have the backup.clipaward for music video, but it is a national
award. backup defines the videoclip as a creative playground for audiovisual
and intermedial experiments in the realm of new media. the clips should also
not be older than two years. prizes will be awarded with a total value of
3,000 euro.

and we have an international call for entries for the backup.lounge|lab.
there we will create a workspace: this announcement is directed at creative
types in all disciplines. together with a workshop leader, the invited
participants will put a continual recontextualization of the spatial
structures into motion during a 10-day
laboratory phase. this process will be continued through the four days of
the backup 2003 and should enable the festival guests to be
equally-empowered actors. Testing Truth - XOR - the metaphoric quality of
binary code forms the thematic starting point of this
year's »backup.lounge|lab«. awards and honorariums will not be granted.

contact

for general information on backup and for online submission, please visit
our website at:
http://www.backup-festival.com

if you would like to learn more about backup's concept and program, please
send an e-mail to our program team at:
programm at backup-festival.de

in case you require information on how to submit an entry to the
international backup.award, the national backup.clipaward or the
international backup.lounge|lab or become part of backup please address to:
award at backup-festival.de (marc olff, dirk heinje);
clipaward at backup-festival.de (richard anjou, marc olff);
loungelab at backup-festival.de (carina linge, daniel thompson, robert wegener,
alexander klosch)

we will be glad to receive your entries and we will be pleased if you offer
the information to interested filmmakers.

best regards,
juliane fuchs

backup_festival
c/o Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
Fakultät Medien
Bauhausstrasse 11
99421 Weimar
Germany

tel +49 (0) 36 43 / 49 46 136
fax +49 (0) 36 43 / 58 37 01
funk +49 (0) 171 / 42 85 044

www.backup-festival.de
office at backup-festival.de
weimar | 30.10.-02.11. 2003

in Kooperation mit / in Cooperation with:
Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
Fakultät Medien

gefördert durch / funded by:
MDM - Mitteldeutsche Medienförderung
Thüringer Kultusministerium
Kulturstiftung des Bundes
Stiftung Kulturfonds
Sparkassen-Kulturstiftung Hessen-Thüringen
Sparkassenstiftung Weimar - Weimarer Land
Studierendenkonvent BU Weimar
Studentenwerk Jena / Weimar
Thüringer Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst
LAG Soziokultur Thüringen
Goethe-Institut Weimar
Radeberger Brauerei GmbH
Anders + Kern