[artinfo] (fwd) Call For Papers: The Postanarchism Reader

Janos Sugar sj at c3.hu
Sun Jul 20 01:22:22 CEST 2003

Date:  Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:15:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:  "J.M. Adams" <ringfingers at yahoo.com>

***PLEASE FORWARD TO POTENTIALLY INTERESTED PARTIES***

Call For Papers:

"The Postanarchism Reader: Writings at the Intersection of Anarchism and Poststructuralism"

edited by Jason Adams

Deadline for Paper Proposals: November 2003

This callout is for a book proposal that I am putting together for a publisher in NYC on the intersections between poststructuralism and anarchism; the proposal is for it to be a sort of anthology of writings by various radical theorists who have looked at this issue either directly in terms of articulating or critiquing the idea of a "poststructuralist anarchism" (Todd May, Saul Newman, Lewis Call, etc.) or by using both poststructuralist and anarchist theorists together in the same essay in a way that might be thought of as a "postructuralist anarchist critique" of some aspect of politics, history, society or culture.
So far I have secured contributions from Saul Newman, Jesse Cohn, Shawn Wilbur, Ian Angus and Ashanti Alston amongst others - if you or someone you know would be interested in contributing an essay for this, please contact: Jason Adams at ringfingers at yahoo.com
From the information I have at this point it seems that this proposal will be put in the "serious consideration" pile as soon as it is received. So what I need right now is an idea of who would be interested, what they would write about and what title they might tentatively give to the essay they would contribute. For further information either email me at the contact listed above or visit the postanarchism listserv and homepage which is linked at
http://www.spooncollective.org

Thanks,

Jason Adams
Vancouver BC

=====
"The world is the natural setting of and field for all my thoughts and all my  explicit perceptions. Truth does not 'inhabit' only 'the inner man' or more accurately, there is no inner man, man is in the world and only in the world does he know himself."
Merleau-Ponty, Phenomenology of Perception, 1945

- --
sig/
http://www.infoshop.org
http://www.reclaimthestreets.org