[artinfo] criticalartware_version.1.0.1

criticalartware said hello hello@criticalartware.net
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:48:11 -0600

http://www.criticalartware.net

/* ======================= *
criticalartware
version.1.0.1
first public release
* ======================== */

/* ======================= *
INTRODUCING
* ======================== */

Introducing criticalartware, an application/platform for the
discussion and development of contemporary code-based art
theorypractices:

/* ======================= *
ARTWARE
* ======================== */

We are interested in "software" as a construct and context during the
late 1960's/early 1970's and the recent present. We pair these two
art historical moments to analyze the ways in which software
functions as art and art functions as software. We are interested in
early Video Art and it's relationship to current software-art or
artware approaches.

/* ======================= *
V.1.0.1
* ======================== */

Version.1.0.1 of criticalartware intertwines interviews with Kate
Horsfield of the Video Data Bank (www.vdb.org) and the founding
members of Low-Fi (www.low-fi.org.uk). Building discourse between
artists, activists and theorists, criticalartware will offer,
intertwine and juxtapose interviews, experiences, tools, systems and
documents from people who have been instrumental in these moments. In
this manner, criticalartware will become a shared and open system of
community resources.

/* ======================= *
INVITATION
* ======================== */

We invite artists, activists, developers, reverse engineers,
theorists, programmers, contemporary historians, archivists,
codeworkers and cultural agents of all kinds to join us. Share your
perspectives and contribute to discussions and developments in these
developing fields and histories. Responding to your input, our
contributions and your responses, criticalartware will reshape and
map those outcomes, providing a resource for dynamically determining
contemporary histories and exploring current practices.

/* ======================= *
OPEN.CONNECTION
* ======================== */

http://www.criticalartware.net

/* ======================= *
CORE.DEVELOPERS
* ======================== */

Jon Cates
Jon Satrom
Ben Syverson

/* ======================= *
CONTRIBUTING.DEVELOPERS
* ======================== */

Aaron Baumle
Nick Hornby
Blithe Riley
Christian Ryan

/* ======================= *
CONTINUING.DEVELOPMENT

http://www.criticalartware.net

END.MESSAGE

If you are not interested in receiving criticalartware updates simply email:
goodbye@criticalartware.net

--
/**
* <goTo>