[artinfo] Fwd: New Media Arts Position

Andrea Szekeres asz at c3.hu
Tue Apr 15 12:33:22 CEST 2003

>>Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:29:56 -0400
>>From: Sandra Olshaski <sandrao at vax2.concordia.ca>
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am happy to send you this announcement of a new research position being
>>opened for a digital or new media artist here at Concordia University in
>>Montreal. Because the time is fairly short, I would appreciate it if you
>>could post the attached page, or pass it on to any other artists who might
>>be interested. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you need more
>>information. You can visit Concordia's Faculty of Fine Arts at
>>http://fofa.concordia.ca .
>>
>>Thank you very much -- I look forward to hearing from many of you.
>>
>>Liselyn Adams
>>

>>Liselyn Adams
>>Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies
>>Faculty of Fine Arts
>>Concordia University
>>mail:  1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West, VA 250-7
>>Montréal, QC H3G 1M8 Canada
>>
>>(514) 848-4703
>>liselyn at vax2.concordia.ca
>>cell: (514) 831-4361
>>
>>Sandra Olshaski
>>Assistant to Associate Deans
>>Faculty of Fine Arts
>>VA 250-6
>>Tel: (514) 848-4601
>>Fax: (514) 848-4599
>>sandrao at vax2.concordia.ca
>>http://fofa.concordia.ca

Concordia University
Canada Research Chair (tier II)
New Media Arts
The Faculty of Fine Arts seeks applications for a Canada Research Chair,
tenure track position for an artist working with digital technologies.
Experience could include installation art, video, sound, robotics, software
or hardware development, emerging technologies, computational or
interactive art. The candidate should have a history of challenging the
existing digital technologies in their practice and research, and have
worked in an interdisciplinary context.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential to achieve international
recognition in the next five years, and are expected, by the definition of
a Tier II Chair, to have earned their terminal degree fewer than ten years ago.
The Faculty of Fine Arts offers vibrant programs in Art Education, Art
History, the Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema, Contemporary Dance, Creative
Arts Therapies, Design Art, Digital Image/Sound and the Fine Arts (joint
program with the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science), Music,
Studio Arts, and Theatre. Concordia has recently launched an innovative
multi-university research environment, Hexagram: The Institute of Research
and Creation in Media Arts and Technologies (www.hexagram.org).
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the activities of the
faculty and to its academic life, including teaching, supervision of
graduate students, and development of graduate programs. Pending CRC
approval of the nomination, the position is expected to begin in September
2004.
Candidates must hold a PhD or terminal degree in an appropriate field.
Evidence of research collaboration, and French/English bilingualism are
considered assets.
Applications must include a CV, a full and detailed five-year
research/creation plan, and the names, addresses, and current contact
information for three references. Deadline: May 15, 2003.
For more information, contact:
Liselyn Adams
mailto:liselyn at vax2.concordia.ca.
Materials are to be sent to:
Liselyn Adams, Chair, CRC Committee
Faculty of Fine Arts
Concordia University VA 250
1395, boul. René Lévesque o.
Montréal, QC  H3G 2M5

This position is subject to the terms and conditions of the Canada Research
Chairs Program
and is contingent upon their approval.
<www.chairs.gc.ca>