[artinfo] (fwd) International Festival of Radical Communication

Janos Sugar sj at c3.hu
Sun Apr 13 01:52:46 CEST 2003

Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 11:42:06 -0500
Subject: announcement: web-based festival of radical communication
From: tliacas <tomas.liacas at sympatico.ca>

Memefest 2003: International Festival of Radical Communication

http://www.memefest.org

As a concept, Memefest crawled out of Slovenia's academic and artistic mix
While continually exposed to radical doses of branding and commercial
information and an educational system which has geared talented youth more
and more towards market professions such as the advertising industry, we,
the founders of Memefest, have decided to create a space to help Slovenian
and global youth to rise up against the powers that be while celebrating the
strengths and talents these young communicators bring to their subversion.

This web-based "festival of radical communication" sets out to explore
different tactics for using information to shift culture and create lasting
social change. Every year, we invite submissions from international students
and activists which critically approach cultural issues through text and
visuals. If you're a student of any stripe (undergrad/ grad/ part-time) you
can enter your work in the official competition under one of three divisions
(communications studies, sociology, visual arts) and qualify for an award of
300 EUR.

For those who are interested, we have set up an extensive website with all
the guidelines and an easy to use online submission form.

visit: www.memefest.org

No matter what you do with Memefest- submit, browse, critiqueäwe appreciate
your input and will use it to keep evolving. After all, the world is a
pretty #$%- ed  up place and we've just begun!

Thanks,

The organizers of Memefest 2003.