[artinfo] [UNXposed] Syracuse NY

UNXposed Moderator unxposed@azar.ms
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:39:49 +0100

  SPARK VIDEO INTERNATIONAL:
  A MONTHLY VIDEO ART SERIES AT SPARK CONTEMPORARY ART SPACE IN SYRACUSE,
NEW YORK.

  Our 2002/2003 programming year began in September 2002 with immediate
  success. Tapes have poured in from all over the world and 4 incredible
  programmes have been curated thus far. We will continue to accept as much
  work as possible until April 2003, the last month of this programming year.
  Videos for January, February, March and April have yet to be selected.
  These last 4 shows will be curated from past and future submissions.
  Selected artists will be notified prior to the screening date.
  Unfortunately, notification of non-selected videos will not be issued
until April
  2003...when we are positive the work will not be included in this years
  program. All videos submitted with a SASE will be returned in May 2003 and
  all others will be added to the Spark Contemporary Art Space Library for
  consideration in future curatorial projects.

  CHECK US OUT ONLINE AT: http://cgr.syr.edu/spark

  DETAILS:

  ABOUT: With the implementation of a monthly video series in the year 2001,
  Spark Contemporary Art Space emerged as the leading venue for Video Art in
  Syracuse, New York. For our current programming year, each monthly event
  will consist of one SPARK VIDEO INTERNATIONAL program and one program of
  community based video known as SPARK HOME VIDEO. The result is a monthly
  series that supports local exhibition, stimulates the community through
  International exhibition and provides a new audience for artists living all
  over the world.

  DEADLINE: Ongoing, but earlier entries are given preference due to time
  restraints. We are still seeking work for our 2002-2003 programming year
and will be until April 1st, 2003.

  GUIDELINES: Videos should be short -- under 15.00 minutes. All types of
  independent/non-commercial work is accepted: experimental, documentary,
  narrative, non-narrative, controversial, political, personal, sexual, etc...
  Commercial productions and Music Videos need not apply. International and
  Domestic submissions are encouraged.

  FORMATS ACCEPTED: VHS (NTSC and PAL), SVHS (NTSC), 3/4" UMATIC (NTSC), Hi8
  (NTSC), MiniDV (NTSC) or DVCAM (NTSC). Please include: Synopsis, Bio, CV and
  Contact Information. SASE required for tape return. Otherwise, all
  submissions will be added to the Spark Contemporary Art Space Video
  Library for possible inclusion in future curatorial projects. Artists will
  be contacted for permission prior to having their work included in other
  programs. Unfortunately, Artist Fees cannot be paid.

  THEIR ARE NO OFFICIAL ENTRY FORMS OR ENTRY FEES.

  SEND ALL MATERIALS TO:

  Jeremy Drummond - Video Programmer
  Spark Contemporary Art Space
  535 Westcott Street Apt. #2