[artinfo] MadCat Film Festival Looking For Submissions

MadCat alionbear@earthlink.net
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 01:33:49 +0100

Dear Friend of MadCat, The MadCat Women's International Film Festival
is currently seeking cutting edge experimental and independent
films/videos of all lengths and genres - produced any year for our
Sixth Annual Festival. The following is an entry form. You can also
obtain an entry form and more information from our web site at
www.somaglow.com/madcat.

PLEASE NOTE: the Final Deadline for MadCat entries has changed - it is
now June 20, 2002. Please spread the word!
Please pass this information onto other film and videomakers you know.
Thank you. MadCat will also be touring this spring with a portion of
last year's festival. Please contact us if you would like to book the
touring show now or in the future.
MadCat Film Festival
****
PRAISE FOR MADCAT

"MadCat isn't just a women's film festival - it's an arty showcase of
avant-garde experimental shorts that veer far from the traditional
modes
of storytelling." -Seattle Weekly

MadCat Film Festival selected as one of the "101 Reasons Why We Love
the
Bay Area." - San Francisco Chronicle

"Best Film Festival [That Still Caters to the Underground] You probably
won't discover the next big commercial thing at the MadCat
International
Women's Film Festival. For those of you looking for that kind of relief,
MadCat delivers. The films are top-notch; they're so creative, in fact,
that you wonder why all movies aren't made for the art of it. Offering
content that only women can provide, MadCat takes the show on the road
each year, but Ariella Ben-Dov started it all in San Francisco."
   -SF Bay Guardian

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

MadCat Women's International Film Festival

We are proud to present our Sixth year promoting evocative films and
videos from around the world. MadCat is committed to showcasing women
film and videomakers who challenge the use of sound and image and
explore notions of visual story telling. MadCat sets itself apart from
other women's festivals by curating its programs thematically and thus
accepting a range of films about many different issues.  So send us
your
stuff!

MadCat has established a strong reputation for programming series of
acute and insightful films you'd be hard pressed to see anywhere else.
The national magazine Art Papers says of the fest "As a genre, as a
space for talking about, documenting, dramatizing, and inventing
ourselves on camera, women's filmmaking can only grow and improve
through ambitious events like MadCat."

On The Road Again...

MadCat not only screens films in its home-town of San Francisco,
California-we also take a portion of the show on the road! We are
currently looking for venues, art houses, Universities, and Museums
around the United States and Internationally to screen our 2001 show!
Please let us know if you have any suggestions or contacts. For more
information regarding our current tour please call or email us or visit
our website www.somaglow.com/madcat

**We need your support...Please send us your tapes and/or pass this
entry form along to a friend!**

Sixth Annual
MADCAT WOMEN'S INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

MadCat is seeking innovative and challenging works directed by Women.
MadCat features experimental, avant-garde and independent works by
women
from around the world. All lengths and genres will be considered.  Film
and Videos may be produced ANY year.

GUIDELINES

Formats:        Preview: 1/2" NTSC standard preferred.  Exhibition
formats: 35mm, 16mm, Super 8 film, Beta, and 3/4", & VHS

Entry Fee:      $US10-30 per entry-make. checks payable to MadCat Film
Festival
(pay what you can afford!) International entrants disregard the entry
fee.

Mailing info:   Send entries to MadCat Film Festival 639 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94117 USA

Questions:      Phone (415) 436-9523, fax: (415) 934-0642 or
email: alionbear@earthlink.net. website: www.somaglow.com/madcat

Deadline:       Early Bird entries April 30th.  Late Bird entries must
be received by June 20th, 2002.
International entries must be received by June 20, 2002.
Please send your entry/entries as soon as possible!

MadCat Women's International Film Festival
Entry Form  (Please type or print clearly)

Director's Name:
Entrant/Prod. Company:
Address:
        City:
State:                                  Zip:
Country:
Phone:                          Fax:                            Email:
Title of Work
Brief Description (2 or 3 sentences)

Original Format:                        Screening Format:
        Running Time:

B/W               Silent                Year Completed:

   Color                   Sound         Country of Production:

Would you like to be considered for this year's touring program?
Do you have contact info for any venues, art houses, universities,
and/or  museums we might contact?
If we didn't track you down how did you hear about MadCat??

Must include
*A one page or less description of film or video
*A Self Addressed Stamped Envelope if you would like your materials
returned!!
* A Self Addressed Stamped Post Card if you would like confirmation of
receipt of your materials. No calls please.
*List of screenings (if any)
*Publicity materials and B/W film stills (optional)
*Entry fee $

I hereby allow WiseGirl Productions and MadCat Film Festival to preview
my work.
I understand that MadCat, although they take every precaution can not
be
held
responsible for loss or damage of entry materials.

Signature
Date

MadCat 639 Steiner Street San Francisco, CA 94117 USA
Ph. (415) 436-9523 Fax: (415) 934-0642 Email: alionbear@earthlink.net
www.somaglow.com/madcat