[artinfo] (fwd) Rave Scholarship for curators
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:50:22 +0100
Leaflet for Rave Scholarship Applicants
The Rave Foundation would like to contribute to practical further education=
in arranging and realizing fine art exhibitions. It therefore awards=
- museum technicians
- cultural managers
from transformation and developing countries who have arranged a guest=
period, practical training period or non-paid work at a German museum, a=
state gallery or in cultural management at a German institution.
The Rave Scholarship is a working scholarship and requires the holder's=
presence. It includes the following payments:
- A monthly lump sum of 1,300 Euro for a scholarship period of three to six =
- Travelling expenses (to and from Germany)
- Married person's supplement if the spouse is present in Germany
- Assistance with health insurance (also for spouses)
- German course
Scholarships will be awarded to applicants
- who come from a transformation or developing country,
- who finished their professional training not less than five years=
previously and not yet over 40. Those still studying or training at the=
time of application will not be considered for selection,
- who have found a partner institution in Germany that has agreed to take=
care of them or agreed to a joint project,
- who can provide a positive statement from their own country (reference).
Knowledge of one of the three languages German, English or French is a requi=
Applicants who are not accepted can apply only once more.
The Rave Foundation committee will assess all applications. Scholarships are=
awarded twice per year. About 6 scholarships are awarded per year. There is=
no legal claim to the award of a scholarship. The decision will be conveyed=
to the applicant in writing without stating reasons.
Applications are submitted without forms to the
c/o Institut f=FCr Auslandsbeziehungen
The application should be accompanied by
- a CV, including educational qualifications,
- a project sketch about the form of the planned visit to Germany, consent=
from a German institution to care for the applicant during the scholarship=
period in Germany,
- a letter of reference from the home country.
The last application dates are 31 March and 30 September each year.=
Selections will be made within two months.
The Rave Foundation is an independent charitable foundation administered by=
the Institut f-r Auslandsbeziehungen (ifa). Ifa is a mediating organization=
for German foreign cultural policy.