[artinfo] Designing Interactive Systems - DIS2002 - London

Adele Eisenstein adele@c3.hu
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:47:48 +0100

--=====================_15456001==_.ALT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:36:45 +0100
From: Claudia Westermann <media@ezaic.de>
To: syndicate <syndicate@anart.no>
Subject: [syndicate] Designing Interactive Systems - DIS2002 - London

DIS2002 - London - June 25 - 28 2002
British Museum

http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigchi/dis2002/index.html

Interactive systems are increasingly embedded in the ways we live and work.=
=20
Technical boundaries are evolving in many directions, from design in the=20
small =AD the products that individuals use =AD to design in the large =AD=
=20
socio-technical systems that groups and communities use. Yet even=20
experienced organisations are only now beginning to understand the skills,=
=20
resources, and processes needed to produce results that respond to people=92=
s=20
needs and desires. Improving our understanding of the processes of=20
designing, and assessing the quality of interactive devices and systems=20
have become key success factors in business. How can we move in new design=
=20
directions? How can we gain insight into users=92 needs? Who must=
 participate=20
in the design process? What makes our designs successful?

DIS2002 aims to bring together all dimensions of design in a single=20
conference. Together, we will confront the challenge of designing=20
interactive systems that successfully meet users=92 needs and delight the=20
people who use them. As with the previous DIS conferences, the goal of=20
DIS2002 is to better understand the practice of designing interactive=20
systems and how it can be improved. DIS2002 will extend our collective=20
knowledge by sharing experiences of what works and how the highest quality=
=20
results can be achieved.

http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigchi/dis2002/submissions/index.html

DIS2002 invites you to submit contributions in a variety of forms: papers,=
=20
design cases, exhibits, tutorials, workshops, master classes, and a=20
post-graduate symposium.
We invite contributions from those who practice, those who research, and=20
those who benefit from the consequences of interactive system design. You=20
may be working in industry, government, a design practice, a consultancy=20
bureau, or an academic institution. We recognise the need for contributors=
=20
to reflect on their experience and present their insights in a structured=20
and accessible form. The seeks to build on existing knowledge, rather than=
=20
starting from scratch.

---------- Forwarded message ---------- <br>