[artinfo] Prix Ars Electronica 2002 (fwd)

C3 Information info@c3.hu
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:04:32 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:17:14 +0100
From: Birgit Hauser <birgit.hauser@prixars.orf.at>
To: "'presse@transmediale.de'" <presse@transmediale.de>
Subject: Prix Ars Electronica 2002

Prix Ars Electronica 2002
International Competition for Cyberarts - now open to participation!

Total Prize Money: Euro 100.000 / US$ 88,466*)

Info and Online Registration: http://prixars.orf.at

We are pleased to welcome you for the 16th time at the Prix Ars
Electronica.
Artists, scientists, researchers and developers are invited to participate
in the annual cyberarts competition.
On the site http://prixars.orf.at you find all the informations you need to
take part in this year's Prix Ars Electronica and to submit your work by
online registration.

One of the categories is as follows:

    Interactive Art
    	This category is open to all types of current interactive works in any
	form: installations, performance, audience participation, virtual reality,
	multimedia, telecommunication, etc.
	It is prerequisite that the projects have already been realized to the
	extent that they may be judged on the basis of a documentation. Criteria
	for judging the works include the form of interaction, interface design,
	new applications, technical innovations, originality and the significant
	role of the computer for the interaction.

    Jury
	Bill Buxton, CDN
	Peter Higgins, GB
	Masuyama, Japan
	Alex Adriaansen, NL
	Christa Sommerer, A/F

Info:
http://prixars.orf.at
info@prixars.orf.at
ORF/ Prix Ars Electronica 2002
Europaplatz 3, A-4021  Linz (Austria)

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!
birgit.hauser@prixars.orf.at
Tel. 0043/ (0)732/ 6900 ext 24468 Birgit Hauser
Fax 0043/ (0)732/ 6900 ext. 24510

Further Categories:
Computer Animation / Visual Effects
Digital Musics