[artinfo] Call for videopoem submissions VVF 2002

Warren Fulton pooka_press@yahoo.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:04:46 -0700 (PDT)

the 4th annual
V A N C O U V E R  V I D E O P O E M   F E S T I V A L

"more than words"	November 14 - 16, 2002

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS OF VIDEOPOEMS

Deadline July 1st, 2002 (postmarked)
Submission Fee $20 Cdn./ $20 U.S. for International
submissions

Edgewise ElectroLit Centre Society
Box 18 - 1895 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, British Columbia
V5N 4A8			Canada

The Edgewise ElectroLit Centre is seeking videopoem
submissions for the 4th annual
Vancouver Videopoem Festival
- the only screening event of its kind in Canada.
Get public exposure and have your work screened in a
premier public venue - the Pacific Cinémathèque,
November 14-16, 2002. We are interested
in any original, creative combination of poetry with
material on videotape.

Cinepoems are also acceptable provided they are
transferred onto videotape format.

This event provides a much needed venue for the
presentation of work in this burgeoning art form. The
most innovative treatments are explored and presented.
The selection of works is a broad range of mostly
Canadian artists, a smaller amount of international
artists and a diversity of poetic styles and video
strategies.

The EEC aims to develop a forum for defining,
legitimizing and nuturing work in this hybrid genre
and the artists who produce it in Canada.

DEADLINE: July 1, 2002
To obtain an official
VVF 2002 Submission Application Form,
contact Event Producer,
Warren Dean Fulton
@ (604) 251-5845

or visit our web sites:

www.videopoem.com

www.edgewisecafe.org

=====
Warren Dean Fulton    email: vvf@edgewisecafe.org
Events Producer

4th annual VANCOUVER VIDEOPOEM FESTIVAL  Nov. 14-16, 2002
"more than words"     www.videopoem.com
                      www.edgewisecafe.org