[artinfo] seecan database

Misko mpandil@soros.org.mk
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:51:44 +0100

Dear All,

I would like to inform you of some of the
activities of  -  the SEECAN Network (it is the South East Europe
Contemporary Art Network).

- the creation of a database that will concentrate the information about
contemporary art in south-east Europe

- the creation of a "magazine" of the network that would present
different aspects of contemporary art in the region

 -  The work on theDatabase has already started.
You can find below  the scheme of this database.

The Database will concentrate on:
 - cultural institutions with contact and addresses (contemporary art
center, cultural ministries, galleries, national museums)
- artists : a first selection of artists that seems for you essential (biography, presentation, projects, works/images)
- formation (artists' residencies, summer universities, programme of university)
- artistic revues / magazines

- The second action is the creation of a "magazine" of the network.

SEECAN is in contact with Arteon, a Polish magazine, that will add a
supplement of 20 pages in their magazine for the issue of December.

So for the interested artists from the area of South East Europe please
send information to us so that we can fill the database.

/.../
Melentie Pandilovski
Director
Contemporary Arts Center  - Skopje