[artinfo] Fwd: GRZINIC: The Real, The Desperate, The Absolute

Andrea Szekeres asz@c3.hu
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 12:16:22 +0200

--=====================_517494==_.ALT

> [...]
>
>SYMPOSIUM & EXHIBITION on art systems, narratives of power, strategies of=
=20
>implosion, perspectives on disasters, objects as monsters, activism.
>
>CURATOR/Concept: Marina Grzinic, Ljubljana
>
>REALISATION: Eva Ursprung/Forum Stadtpark and Marina Grzinic
>
>LOCATION: Forum Stadtpark Graz, Austria part of the Steirischer Herbst=20
>project 2001, Graz Austria
>
>The true horrors today are not horrifyingly violent projects in art, as=20
>they function, paradoxically, as a protective shield that is fantasized as=
=20
>such, protecting us from the true horror the horror of the abstract=20
>positioning of East and West, North and South, art and economy, state=20
>terrorism and activism. (M.Grzinic)
>
>5 October 2001 from 12:00 18:00
>
>SYMPOSIUM
>
>Participants:
>
>Branko Dimitrijevic (YU)
>Ekaterina Dyogot (RU)
>Natasa Govedic (HR)
>Nebojsa Jovanovic (BiH)
>Suzana Milevska (MK)
>Edi Muka (AL)
>Marina Grzinic (SLO)
>
>Moderator: Georg Sch=F6llhammer (A)
>
>EXHIBITION
>7.10 - 4.11.2001
>
>OPENING: 6 October 2001 at 19.30
>
>WITH PERFORMANCES/ACTIONS/PRESENTATIONS
>
>19.30
>
>Performance: Vlasta Delimar (HR) Mature Woman
>
>Beginning at 20.00
>
>Action: IRWIN (SLO) Privatization of Time
>
>in collaboration with the Austrian Army
>
>Performance: Balint Szombathy (H/YU) Chimneys (Gone with the Wind)
>
>Presentation: 0100101110101101.ORG (I) You are now in my computer!
>
>Performance: Ilija Soskic (YU/I) with Brunilda Lekunda (AL) Black Heart
>
>The artists taking part in the show deal with radical projects on truth=20
>and representation, the politicization of everyday life, pornography and=20
>the medium, Internet projects, conceptualism, social activism and analysis=
=20
>of the system of art.
>
>Artists in the exhibition:
>
>0100101110101101.ORG (I)
>association Apsolutno (YU)
>Vlasta Delimar (HR)
>Uros Djuric (YU)
>ECLIPSE (SLO)
>IRWIN (SLO)
>
>Sejla Kameric (BiH)
>Ivana Keser (HR)
>Ilija Soskic (YU/I) with Brunilda Lekunda (AL)
>Balint Szombathy (H/YU)
>Zaneta Vangeli (MK)
>
>& a project on SYSTEM/FICTION/SCIENCE entitled:
>
>P O R T R A I T S From the Collection of Drawings an Amateur Artist Made=20
>on His Travels Through a Mysterious and Faraway Land (New York MM)
>
>FORUM STADTPARK GRAZ
>STADTPARK 1, A-8010 Graz
>T/F +43 316/ 82 77 34
>email: <mailto:forum@mur.at>forum@mur.at
>
>http://forum.mur.at
>
>Opening hours of the exhibition: Tuesday Sunday: 14.00-18.00; Thursday=20

--=====================_517494==_.ALT

THE ABSOLUTE: SYMPOSIUM &amp; EXHIBITION <br>
SYMPOSIUM &amp; EXHIBITION on art systems, narratives of power,
strategies of implosion, perspectives on disasters, objects as monsters,
activism.<br>
CURATOR/Concept: Marina Grzinic, Ljubljana<br>
REALISATION: Eva Ursprung/Forum Stadtpark and Marina Grzinic<br>
LOCATION: Forum Stadtpark Graz, Austria part of the Steirischer Herbst
project 2001, Graz Austria <br>
The true horrors today are not horrifyingly violent projects in art, as
they function, paradoxically, as a protective shield that is fantasized
as such, protecting us from the true horror the horror of the abstract
positioning of East and West, North and South, art and economy, state
terrorism and activism. (M.Grzinic)<br>
<b>5 October 2001 from 12:00 18:00<br>
SYMPOSIUM<br>
</b><br>
Participants: <br>
Branko Dimitrijevic (YU)<br>
Ekaterina Dyogot (RU)<br>
Natasa Govedic (HR)<br>
Nebojsa Jovanovic (BiH)<br>
Suzana Milevska (MK)<br>
Edi Muka (AL)<br>
Marina Grzinic (SLO)<br>
Moderator: Georg Sch=F6llhammer (A)<br>
<b>EXHIBITION<br>
</b>7.10 - 4.11.2001<br>
<b>OPENING: 6 October 2001 at 19.30<br>
</b><br>
WITH PERFORMANCES/ACTIONS/PRESENTATIONS<br>
19.30<br>
Performance: Vlasta Delimar (HR) <b>Mature Woman<br>
</b><br>
Beginning at 20.00<br>
in collaboration with the Austrian Army<br>
Performance: Balint Szombathy (H/YU) <b>Chimneys (Gone with the
Wind)<br>
</b><br>
Presentation: 0100101110101101.ORG (I) <b>You are now in my
computer!<br>
</b><br>
Performance: Ilija Soskic (YU/I) with Brunilda Lekunda (AL) <b>Black
Heart<br>
</b><br>
The artists taking part in the show deal with radical projects on truth
and representation, the politicization of everyday life, pornography and
the medium, Internet projects, conceptualism, social activism and
analysis of the system of art.<br>
Artists in the exhibition:<br>
0100101110101101.ORG (I) <br>
association Apsolutno (YU)<br>
Vlasta Delimar (HR)<br>
Uros Djuric (YU)<br>
ECLIPSE (SLO)<br>
IRWIN (SLO)<br>
Sejla Kameric (BiH)<br>
Ivana Keser (HR) <br>
Ilija Soskic (YU/I) with Brunilda Lekunda (AL)<br>
Balint Szombathy (H/YU) <br>
Zaneta Vangeli (MK) <br>
&amp; a project on SYSTEM/FICTION/SCIENCE entitled: <br>
<i>P O R T R A I T S From the Collection of Drawings an Amateur Artist
Made on His Travels Through a Mysterious and Faraway Land</i> (New York
MM)<br>
FORUM STADTPARK GRAZ<br>
STADTPARK 1, A-8010 Graz<br>
T/F +43 316/ 82 77 34<br>
email: <a href=3D"mailto:forum@mur.at">forum@mur.at</a> <br>
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://forum.mur.at</a><br>
Opening hours of the exhibition: Tuesday Sunday: 14.00-18.00; Thursday
until 20.00.</blockquote></html>