[artinfo] Nomads+Residents GROUND ZERO: TRANSITORY AUDIO ARCHIVE

Nomads Residents nomadsresidents@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 18:09:51 +0200

NOMADS + RESIDENTS

A forum for visitors in the arts: making connections, supporting networks,
setting up meetings

GROUND ZERO: TRANSITORY AUDIO ARCHIVE
-------------------------------------

>OPEN CALL FOR AUDIO WORKS

For the context of the exhibition "Ground Zero" scheduled to open on August
16th at 129 Lafayette street, Nomads and Residents will provide a listening
station for audio pieces. Nomads and Residents is making an open,
international call via email to invite you to send us CDs containing one
track of an audio work for inclusion in the exhibition. We only ask for a
single track, not necessarily entire works, and the duration of the track
should be determined by the CD itself, from 1 second to maximum 74 Minutes.
We also ask that you send only your own work.

This audio platform does not have an overall subject or theme. The
temporary archive will be created exclusively through the open call and
will not be edited or curated.  It will be made available for the
exhibition's audience to browse through and listen to at their own
leisure.  The archive will be displayed within Heimo Lattner's and Ruthard
Miksch's "Collective Dwelling Unit".

The format of "Transitory Audio Archive" is an extension of Nomads and
Residents' interest in creating temporary situations and networks for the
exchange of resources, ideas and information. It is a continuation of a
previous transitory archive made up of international art publications
assembled as part of the "Lecture Lounge Vol. I" day of events held at the
Clocktower Gallery NY in the Winter of 2001.  More information on this
project is available @ http://www.lecture-lounge.net/

>INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING SUBMISSIONS

The work has to be one track and burned onto an individual CD. We will take
the utmost precaution to protect the CD from loss or damage, however we can
not assume any responsibility for the possible theft or damage of the CD in
the public context of the show. If you wish, please send us 2 identical
copies (in case of damage or loss).  Include the following information
about the work:

author's name
title
length
contact
distributor or where the cd is available (if applicable)

Please include the author's name and the title of the work on the CD
itself. Please don't send other materials.

The material has to be received by August 14th, 2001. Our address is:

Nomads & Residents
PO Box 865
New York, NY 10013

Thank you very much for your interest and we look forward to giving your
work a public platform in the context of this show.

For more information or suggestions, contact us via email at
info@nomadsresidents.org

To read more about n+r and browse through our archive of events please
visit our web site www.nomadsresidents.org.